Return to “Technical”

Re: Questions about ingame content & developing

ThymineC wrote:I'm not interested in using outdated terminology. As you said, the video was made long before recent wormhole mechanics were proposed and confirmed.

I prefer terminology that is still relevant and useful.
Sigh terminology doesn't really matter, since the video was merely a representation of the mechanism of traveling in-between sectors, yes it is maybe an incomplete mechanism compared to where we stand today and yes the graphics are not yet finished, but that doesn't mean the video is bad for demonstrating sector to sector travel, the op asked for a video about this, I gives one, so can we please stop with drifting off topic in pointless discussions about terminology?
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cha0zz wrote:
ThymineC wrote:I'm not interested in using outdated terminology. As you said, the video was made long before recent wormhole mechanics were proposed and confirmed.

I prefer terminology that is still relevant and useful.
Sigh terminology doesn't really matter, since the video was merely a representation of the mechanism of traveling in-between sectors, yes it is maybe an incomplete mechanism compared to where we stand today and yes the graphics are not yet finished, but that doesn't mean the video is bad for demonstrating sector to sector travel, the op asked for a video about this, I gives one, so can we please stop with drifting off topic in pointless discussions about terminology?
The video's fine to demonstrate sector to sector travel, I would just prefer a consistent use of terminology to avoid confusion.

Those were jump holes.

Ok, thanks for all the answers.
4 more questions i have and that's all. ;)

1. When there will be the next Video (Developement Update or other) ;) I want to see more :mrgreen:
2. I've watched the video about fleet control and if i understand it right, he wanted to add squadrons, which you can create but he did not show that, right?
and the last question.
3. Will there be also cockpits or an ship interior or is this not even planned?
4. Has Josh also shown some "bigger" weapons. I mean not just this "laser" weapons.?

and @DWMagus what does RTS mean? I've never heard that before.

I really like that game and what i can currently see.
There is also something out acutally, which is called the Prototpye.
Something like an Alpha Test, right?

Yea, that's really all i want to know.
But i think i will love this game and i will buy it, if it comes out.

Thanks to all.

Proton wrote:Ok, thanks for all the answers.
4 more questions i have and that's all. ;)

1. When there will be the next Video ;) I want to see more :mrgreen:
2. I've watched the video about fleet control and if i understand it right, he wanted to add squadrons, which you can create but he did not show that, right?
and the last question.
3. Will there be also cockpits or an ship interior or is this not even planned?
4. Has Josh also shown some "bigger" weapons. I mean not just this "laser" weapons.?

and @DWMagus what does RTS mean? I've never heard that before.

I really like that game and what i can currently see.
There is also something out acutally, which is called the Prototpye.
Something like an Alpha Test, right?

Yea, that's really all i want to know.
But i think i will love this game and i will buy it, if it comes out.

Thanks to all.
New video comes at the end of the month, or maybe at 1.6.

He did not show any squadron stuff, as the interface for that is not even in its infancy.

No cockpits, no ship interiors.

There will be other weapons than the beam cannons for capitals

RTS = real time strategy (game)

There is the prototype from a year ago, but that is not publicy available

Online Now