Return to “Technical”

Re: Fun With Signal Processing

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
ThymineC wrote:This could make for a really cool in-game HUD element, potentially.
aand a very hard to read and confusing HUD element
Oh, not to represent anything, at least not as the primary means. Just an aesthetic thing, maybe. Like a small thing that pops up, semi-transparent, whenever you're analysing (or generating) a periodic signal. Maybe.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
ThymineC wrote:This could make for a really cool in-game HUD element, potentially.
Not if the goal is to read the generated signal and not the actual generator.

I think this would be really cool, especially if you add in other things like rotating cycloids or pendulem cycloids.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Not if the goal is to read the generated signal and not the actual generator.

I think this would be really cool, especially if you add in other things like rotating cycloids or pendulem cycloids.
as long as i dont have to read the values out of the rotating pointers, i dont have anything to say against it

Wow, very cool visualization :D Never thought of Fourier in that way.

As Cornflakes says, computing the position is mathematically identical to computing the signal via summing sines.

But if someone has an idea for how it can be used in a widget, feel free :D
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now