Return to “Technical”

Valve's VOGL OpenGL Debugger Should Be Great

Well, could be useful:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... px=MTU3Mjg

I hope the debug output is something similar to what Josh get from his GL debugger (brain):
JoshParnell wrote: That's what led us to this moment. Poised atop the most tactically-advantageous piece of rock in sight, we savored the crisp scent of the Renderian evening. It was a fine night to be an LT. It would not be a fine night to be a GL. But they did not know. I turned back to face the noble warriors behind me. "I'd give you a pep talk." I paused and let the odd statement hang in the air. "But I know that'd be about as effective as random access on a linked list." They grimaced. "You know what to do. It's what you're best at." These men had ripped code a thousand times before. They did, indeed, know what to do. I grabbed the reigns of my Logitech steed, threw myself over the top, and planted a firm heel in it's side.

We descended upon them swiftly and mercilessly. We slayed the unclean, purged the superfluous, and clarified the ambiguous. We cleansed the sickly, fortified the well-intentioned, and expelled the useless. It was over before it even began. In a matter of hours, we had converted a disease of a settlement into a shining beacon of light - a reminder to all that in simplicity lies power. The remaining GLs - though significantly less numerous than before - were invigorated by this message.

Online Now