Return to “Technical”

Re: Star Swarm

I wanted to run it, but I cannot for some reason. It turns both monitors black and my PC freezes up. I have a GTX 650, an i7 quad core 2.63 processor and 12gb of RAM. I wanna see how much it can handle. saw a guy get 30fps on high with a gtx 570, but an i5 at 3.30ghz, but like I said, imagine the mods for this, would be amazing. but too many fighters IMO, but that can be changed easily I would think

MrPerson wrote:sigh, so its called mantle... thats why it did not show up when I searched star swarm. FML :x
Don't worry about it. I have merged the threads and added in text in the OP post to help with that for the future.
MrPerson wrote:I wanted to run it, but I cannot for some reason. It turns both monitors black and my PC freezes up. I have a GTX 650, an i7 quad core 2.63 processor and 12gb of RAM. I wanna see how much it can handle. saw a guy get 30fps on high with a gtx 570, but an i5 at 3.30ghz, but like I said, imagine the mods for this, would be amazing. but too many fighters IMO, but that can be changed easily I would think
Isn't this currently just an AMD thing? If so, then wouldn't you need an AMD card to run it? I doubt an nVidia one could run it if that was the case. I'm guessing that since AMD has many more stream processors than nVidia has CUDA cores, that is the reason why it would only work on AMD (Yeah, nVidia is more efficient and stronger with CUDA cores vs. stream processors, but AMD has better brute forcing--see any cryptocoin mining). Note however that I have not researched enough of this to know whether or not this support nVidia.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Rabiator wrote:
MrPerson wrote:sigh, so its called mantle... thats why it did not show up when I searched star swarm. FML :x
Star Swarm is a benchmark running on the Nitrous engine from Oxide Games. It was originally made for DirectX 11, and is now supporting Mantle too.

For some background, see this article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ur-PC-Weep
Cool, thanks for the correction and the link. That's awesome. :thumbup:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

Online Now