Return to “Technical”

Monthly Update Video Capture Software

Hey Josh,

Congratulations on another fantastic-looking update (I continue to enjoy the dev blogs as well)!

I was just wondering, what software do you use to capture excellent video AND system sound AND microphone? I've been finding myself wanting to be able to do those things, and I just don't know what's good, except for the fact that whatever you're using looks good. Many thanks!
Re: Monthly Update Video Capture Software

felldiddy wrote:Hey Josh,

Congratulations on another fantastic-looking update (I continue to enjoy the dev blogs as well)!

I was just wondering, what software do you use to capture excellent video AND system sound AND microphone? I've been finding myself wanting to be able to do those things, and I just don't know what's good, except for the fact that whatever you're using looks good. Many thanks!
Thanks :) I use FRAPS for the video and system sound. It's very easy and high-quality! I use Audacity to narrate the video afterwards, and overlay that on the track in a video editing software :thumbup:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
Re: Monthly Update Video Capture Software

I've played with loads of different capture software (for windows) and eventually have settled on Bandicam - They were advertising "better than fraps" last year and since have improved a lot since my first download, unlike fraps. The latest bandicam version includes simultaneous webcam capture, is a doddle to use, and if you have intel i series or latest amd processors (unlike me presently :( ) it is even more optimised as it uses the gpu. Also you can use this to record generic windows usage, streaming vids & music etc. as well as games, which other software was lacking.

They also have a neat trimming editor, bandicut, which is ultra fast for clipping the videos (i took a recording from the bbc and trimmed 10 segments and hit create button and it was done in seconds without any quality loss whatsoever).

Licensing both bandicam and bandicut cost $60 (or bandicam alone for $39) removes the watermark which is the only limitation the free versions have. Highly recommended. http://www.bandicam.com
LTP Fleet Battles on Youtube

Online Now