Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Weapon hardpoints size customization

Scytale wrote:I'm just going to break this beautiful chain and say I feel really awkward after having watched that video, even though I've seen it many times
*Rewatches*
*Gets confused*
:think:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Maybe Josh added an online functionality to LT and the AI being as advanced as it is immediately started trying to figure out how to use it to its advantage, and it came to the conclusion that participating in discussions about the weapon systems might reveal some undiscovered secrets. Unfortunately it seems that Josh has yet to update the poor AI's comms since it's still a little . . . rough to say the least.

But I wonder if it can understand us?
If it can. . . We might have found a way to communicate with Josh!!!

Let's see. . .

Russilwest! I call upon you Russilwest!! I would like to present you with an exclusive job offer!
The details of your job is as follows:
Locate the entity known as Josh in you universe.
The Entity will most likely be using an alias, but can be identified by observation.
The Entity will be in possession of great power, and possibly, great responsibility.
The Entity will be in control of both the vertical and the horizontal.
The Entity will have The Power to change his surrounding, nay, the very fabric of existence right across the universe.

Once you have located the Josh, please transmit the following: "Josh! Are you ok? Have you been absorbed by the code? Do you need rescuing?"

Please bring back any replies you may receive upon which I may have more tasks for you to complete.

The reward for this task will be 5`000`000 units of Zigton and 5`000`000 units of Glucks as well as a transport ship(Dwarven Class) capable of transporting this reward.
If you manage to return with a response I will also give you full dominion of the Gzzzrug Sector.

Do you accept this task?

I can't see your picture unfortunately. It's too smooshed (sp?) and I can't pull it from a link.

But, I agree that this game needs sized hardpoints for Battlemechs. This gives more meaning to Omnimechs with their omnipods.

But boating of weapons is not a problem, it's a symptom of the issue, weapon convergence.

Huges wrote:I can't see your picture unfortunately. It's too smooshed (sp?) and I can't pull it from a link.

But, I agree that this game needs sized hardpoints for Battlemechs. This gives more meaning to Omnimechs with their omnipods.

But boating of weapons is not a problem, it's a symptom of the issue, weapon convergence.
Hi Huges, there currently aren't any Battlemechs or other ground vehicles in Limit Theory. I would like to know why you thought there were.

The general idea of hardpoints is a good one. Assigning points on a ship where weapons of various sizes can be mounted is helpful when it comes to making a ship feel unique. Smaller hardpoints could be combined to create larger hardpoints, and larger hardpoints could be broken down to create smaller hardpoints. For example one MK3 hardpoint can only mount MK3 class weapons, but could be broken down into one MK2 and one MK1 or three MK1 hardpoints. The lower the MK# the smaller the weapon. Smaller weapons would usually consist of less health, less heat, and less damage than the MK values above it.

I'm not sure if we should also limit hardpoints by type (ballistic, missile, energy, shields?) or not. If hardpoints are going to be fairly flexible it may be wise to create a spreadsheet of the MK hardpoint values and see if balancing issues arise.

(I think I may be repeating older conversation but I don't really want to read through the entire thread again.)

Online Now