Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Limit Theory PAX Demo 2018 Suggestions Thread

I just want to be in a spaceship travelling about...shooting stuff. Getting the feel of the game.

How are the flight mechanics. Full Newtonian? Or just airplanes in space. Is the demo like the full game?!?

Do asteroids break apart when I shoot( or run into) them, can I shoot the smaller fragments? Just how REAL is this game?

What happens when I die? Does my corporation clone me and I'm back at my home station, or does my ship respawn ? Is this an arcade game or a sim?! --- I would NOT have player deaths in the demo....(Unless it takes you back to the splash screen).

Make it fun.

Like Flat said, but above all else, make it so the player (the future customer) wants to play more.

Think big.

Think planets and nebulae, and warp hole to distance universes.
Let them see (like the ending scene of Blade Runner) something that entices the user to want to see more, play more, but end it before they can see it all.

It is a demo of what will be, so make it easy for people to see random AI flying around, shooting each other, then have a timer warp them to another star system and see something new.
Because why not!?

Because it is Limit Theory.

hth
xo
Merry Christmas everyone
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:54 am
Self destruct button!

Nice idea.. whatever happens during the countdown.. well.. let someone else be creative in this department..
but when the timer reaches 0, switch to 3rd person view and watch all nearby ships explode in beautiful colours, one after another (similar to that titan weapon in Eve) :D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Perhaps show off the new procedural ships along with procedural weapons ans equipment,
Hopefully you will have integrated ore of your old UI interface by then.
as a scenario you could have the player start off on a space station choosing a ship, upgrades and a mission.
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

Online Now