Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Cheat codes?

On the one hand, I see this thread and I facepalm, going "Noooooo...." and then I see the comment about crazy things on X3 done with scripts... and I am forced to agree that yes, this would be neat. However, I am still not sure it should be implemented.
Last edited by Adrienne Warshawski on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LT's resident storytelling fighter pilot.

jimhsu wrote:The modern version of that is known as the "console". (I won't get into the yet more modern version that involves pay-to-win DLCs). I'm sure some form of that already exists.
Gah I hate that, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and such... And now Deadspace 3 has pay to win for singleplayer mode. W.T.F. :evil: Off topic I know, but it is insanity.

Not really fussed about cheats myself though, one way or the other.

I still love Freelancer's version of a "God mode" cheat, where in the INI file there was a Difficulty variable you could turn from 1.0 to 0 which corresponded to how much damage you took from each attack. It worked wonderfully. I set it to 0.2 so I could enjoy the game while still worrying about damage, even if a little.

I'm no pilot, but I do enjoy the game's physics and immersion, and I fully intend to enjoy Limit Theory even though the pilot of my ship is a young dark-skinned feline.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

What we now all want is a cheat code to enable "The Archangel" ;)

Seriously though - I don't mind there being cheat codes in the game but if there are I don't want to know about them. I find using cheats the quickest way to kill my interest in a game.
Nobody suspects a Toreador …

Honestly I'm kind of against cheat codes, then again if I don't want to use them I don't have to. The only thing I see wrong with cheat codes really, is that if anyone ever wanted to say, share their achievements in the game on the forums or anything of that manner (With screenshots of course, because well... "Pic's or it didn't happen!"), I could see some epic achievements that took lots of work and hours of play being dismissed by people as "Oh they just used cheat codes didn't they? There's no way someone could do that"
Re: Creative Mode (for lack of a better title)

I'm not sure what kind of creative mode there could be... If you have cheats that give you money, invulnerability and tech unlocks you basically have access to everything in the game.
Not sure what a "creative mode" would add to the game itself in terms of special gameplay.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Online Now