Return to “Suggestions”

LT Game Features ***Content moved to Game FAQ***

I will try and keep this updated, but if something slips by me, feel free to give me a head's up. This list is more of a comprehensive list of what has been confirmed and denied for the different versions of LT.

Features that are confirmed for the prototype version of LT
  • Combat Simulation
  • RTS Testing
Features that are confirmed for the beta version of LT
  • ?
Features that are most likely confirmed for the release of LT
    • Hardware
    • Multi Monitor Support
    • Mac / Linux versions
    • Joysticks
    • Interface
    • HUD Customization
    • Naming of your own ships/assets
    • In-Game Ship/Station Editor
    • Importing/Exporting of Ship designs
    • Tracking of discoveries
    • Universe
    • Static Celestial Bodies (non-orbiting)
    • Gameplay
    • Planetary Ownership
    • Faction Creation and Ownership
    • Landing on Planets/Moons/Asteroids
    • Acceleration Gates (Trade Lanes for those who are Freelancer fans)
    • Ship Specifications
    • Personalization to some degree (i.e. coloring)
    • Turrets
    • Shields (Possible multi layered shields)
Features that MAY get added in future updates in LT
  • Occulus Rift Support
  • Planet Colonization
Features that are NOT going to be in LT
  • Multiplayer (LAN or Internet)
  • Official MOD Support for user-created modules not mentioned specifically above
  • Planet-side environments (i.e. walking around on planets, seamless planet landings, planet-side missions)
  • Player avatars
  • Cockpits
  • Boarding Ships
  • Planetary Orbits
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Re: LT Game Features

Would it be possible to update this thread with replies from Josh about which features/lines of thought he found interesting? As a newbie I'm having a hard time to sift through all the topics to see what's discussed already and to what extent.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:Would it be possible to update this thread with replies from Josh about which features/lines of thought he found interesting? As a newbie I'm having a hard time to sift through all the topics to see what's discussed already and to what extent.
I'm watching the threads pretty closely and I've been keeping it updated. I don't want to add in things that are rumored unless they've been mostly confirmed by Josh. That being said, if you see an error, let me know.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

it's really small and all, but I'm just curious, will there be any color options allowed? Like one color allowed on a ship. I was just wondering thinking of how we'll have personal fleets, and unless there is something set in already or talked about I was thinking of friendly fire and how paint jobs would make distinction easier.

tuinces wrote:it's really small and all, but I'm just curious, will there be any color options allowed? Like one color allowed on a ship. I was just wondering thinking of how we'll have personal fleets, and unless there is something set in already or talked about I was thinking of friendly fire and how paint jobs would make distinction easier.
Yes, I anticipate some customization options in the ship editor for coloring the textures that you use to build the ship.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Vorg wrote:This custom ship thing. Will they be designed/built based on resources/parts/money/etc gathered in the game? or is it just a way for people to mod the game?
Plans are to have a ship editor in-game, so you can edit the looks and general layout of your ship. As for the stats, plans are that the hulls have several "slots", in which you can fit modules like guns, shields, engines etc.
None of this is finalized, though, and as such things may change slightly during development.
Hardenberg was my name
And Terra was my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Online Now