Return to “Suggestions”

Re: New Suggestions

That's a lifetime ago, Cornflakes. :) I hope he has implemented many of the superb suggestions that have been made by you and others but I just can't see him seeking out new ideas at this stage in LT's development. When was the last time he posted in Suggestions concerning the adoption of a member contributed idea?

Cornflakes_91 wrote:ooof.. thats a good question... according to my search fu sometime mid december...
It would be interesting to know if he still visits Suggestions, Cornflakes. Even if he just browses without posting it would at least show that he may be considering ideas. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:ooof.. thats a good question... according to my search fu sometime mid december...
It would be interesting to know if he still visits Suggestions, Cornflakes. Even if he just browses without posting it would at least show that he may be considering ideas. :angel:
from what i know he at least visits the subforum.

i always get excited when i see him doing that :lol:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:from what i know he at least visits the subforum.

i always get excited when i see him doing that :lol:
*chuckle* And it always makes me happy when Josh manages to get that sort of response from you, Cornflakes. It's a fact that this place would be very much poorer without your passionate input. :D

HowSerendipitous wrote:Pringles. I suggest Pringles.

Once you pop, you can't stop.
I'm partial to Kettle Chips, myself.
We noticed that this thread got a little side-tracked into a conversation about eating spaghetti with a spoon. We do enjoy our fair share of italian food, but please remember to keep discussion on-topic when posting on the forums.

Starbuck wrote:TGS - who agreed to that conclusion? Basically if Josh likes an idea he could implement it taking another 1-2 months out of development time like with the rails system. I know I know it wasn't suggested by the forums but if josh had stuck with his original warp tunnel mechanic ya never know we might even be in beta by now?

Cornflakes - josh must look at this section from time to time? And I have no problem I really like some of our suggestions, we are a talented bunch, and thats why I worry that josh will get distracted again and we might be waiting another 18 months or so for the game :cry:
Ages and ages ago we all had a pretty in depth discussion about it on IRC. The main thing here being that more delays are not needed. Josh himself had a fairly clear plan and anything that didn't fit into that plan was reserved for post-release unless it was an absolutely amazing "must-have" feature.

Josh could spend a lifetime developing this game (similar to how the DF developer(s) pretty much said they WANTED to spend their whole life building/developing DF) so with his current outlook being not to give the game out until it has reached beta and subsequently release, it would be counterproductive for him to keep looking at the suggestions forum otherwise he'd end up with serious feature creep and the game would be delayed indefinitely. Hell Cornflakes alone could set him back a few years with his suggestions :P

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
TGS wrote:Hell Cornflakes alone could set him back a few years with his suggestions :P
only a few? im offended! :P
If he listened to all of our suggestions, we would have a full decade to go before we could actually play this game. :ghost: :problem:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Online Now