Return to “Suggestions”

New Suggestions

I don't know how to say this but the best game suggestion is probably...

....not to suggest anything!

Although i know it's good to talk to keep the forums ticking over, Joshie has only just come back from 'brain drain' and with the game being late, he needs to get the game into beta then released asap. So these new suggestions are a distraction.

That being said, I think we would all like some new suggestions :squirrel:
Re: New Suggestions

Or space squirrels. Have a 1/100k chance of enemy ships spawning in the shape of one.
We noticed that this thread got a little side-tracked into a conversation about eating spaghetti with a spoon. We do enjoy our fair share of italian food, but please remember to keep discussion on-topic when posting on the forums.

TGS - who agreed to that conclusion? Basically if Josh likes an idea he could implement it taking another 1-2 months out of development time like with the rails system. I know I know it wasn't suggested by the forums but if josh had stuck with his original warp tunnel mechanic ya never know we might even be in beta by now?

Cornflakes - josh must look at this section from time to time? And I have no problem I really like some of our suggestions, we are a talented bunch, and thats why I worry that josh will get distracted again and we might be waiting another 18 months or so for the game :cry:

Starbuck wrote:If josh had stuck with his original warp tunnel mechanic ya never know we might even be in beta by now?
the "pre-alpha-i-just-copy-from-another-game-until-i-have-a-better-idea" warp tunnel version?

with that argumentation you could as well ask why he designs equipment variation systems and balancing for them, as he had weapons that go "pew" from the very beginning.

Starbuck wrote:Cornflakes - josh must look at this section from time to time?
no?
what forces him to do so?

with that argumentation we could close down the whole forum until the game is released, as it distracts him and discussions about gameplay happen in every section of the forum.

Well, billy big mouth, with your argument what's the point of us making suggestions if he's not even going to look at em then? Lol...ruddy pointless!

Nothing forces josh to look at anything but why have a suggestions tab if he's not going to have a look? I was merely pointing out that he's been distracted before...

Josh is finishing up the game, and I believe that the suggestions in this forum subject are most likely to appear as mods for LT when LT releases. The only distractions I'm worried about are those that Josh hasn't told us about. According to my best guess, LT should be feature complete before the end of this year (minus the stretch goals). There's not much that we can do now other than wait and come up with new ideas about how these ideas could be properly implemented into LT.

Let the ideas flow, the end of the alpha is at hand.

Many things aren't either 100% guarantees or 0% chances. The right question from an engineering perspective is, what's the likely risk?

In this case: what's the likely risk that Josh might see a suggestion in here that he would consider so outstanding that he chooses to delay the release of Limit Theory in order to implement that suggestion?

Factors to consider:
  • outstanding suggestions (that benefit every player) are hard to conceive
  • not many suggestions of any kind are being offered these days
  • over nearly three years, many suggestions have already been made
  • Josh presumably feels a strong pressure to ship LT
There are probably more, but I think these are enough to conclude that the risk of Josh choosing to add or change some feature of LT based on a forum suggestion are sufficiently low -- not zero, but near enough to it -- that it's safe for anyone to post any idea here.

Flatfingers wrote:the risk of Josh choosing to add or change some feature of LT based on a forum suggestion are sufficiently low -- not zero, but near enough to it -- that it's safe for anyone to post any idea here.
That's how I see it, Flat. :)

At this stage of LT development I doubt if Josh is seriously considering suggestions from the Community. It's always interesting to read what members contribute but I would be surprised if it went any further than being a source of material for forum based discussion. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote: At this stage of LT development I doubt if Josh is seriously considering suggestions from the Community. It's always interesting to read what members contribute but I would be surprised if it went any further than being a source of material for forum based discussion. :angel:
i remember one of my threads having a literal "anybody against that? cause im going to implement that" :ghost:

Online Now