Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Ability to design and build

StevieJ wrote:Well...it will be interesting to see what gets released... I look forward to trying it... :)
Well, LT does have a bunch of people who intend to mod-in multiplayer when the game comes out. Don't lose hope. :angel: :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Another little idea that I thought would be cool... A game that allows you to import your ship creations made in outside modeling programs... Of course they would have to be reduced to 3D skins before import... You would create all the weapon mounts and the game would have all the weapons to fit by node on the ship mounts... Just a thought... :)

The game will be moddable once it's released, meaning that you can add mods to the game like you can in skyrim, fallout, minecraft, etc.
Another little idea that I thought would be cool... A game that allows you to import your ship creations made in outside modeling programs
Maybe possible, not sure about that. But it will be possible to share in-game created ships with other people.
Last edited by Cha0zz on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

StevieJ wrote:Mod in??? The code is going to be released as well??? I'm confused because wouldn't that defeat the purpose of withholding updated game development???
modding doesnt require source code access ;)

the source from the X2/X3 games isnt available but there are still a ton of mods :P

and which purpose?
josh isnt ready to give us stuff and its completely fine that he doesnt give us access as long as the game isnt done.

you also dont have to yell.
one questionmark is suffecient :P

StevieJ wrote:Of course they would have to be reduced to 3D skins before import.
outside modeling programs already produce meshes, no need for reducing :P

some bumpmapping would be in order, though, depending on the poly count.

Well, hang on -- how do you define a ship in LT?

If they're procedurally generated and rendered, won't "a ship" just be a relatively small collection of appropriate numbers that are inputs to the display and functionality code?

In which case, sharing ships is easy; just spit out those values to a file, and include a function to create a ship template based on reading in a previously created file.

And if Josh writes the ship editor code to allow importing of textures, what else is needed to design and share ships in vanilla LT v1.0?

Cha0zz wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
StevieJ wrote:Someone actually has a problem with me using three ??? and thinks I'm yelling??? lmao...

Thank you for the info everyone... :)
it appears like yelling or at least rising the voice :P
JUST LIKE CAPS DOES, AM I RIGHT???

:ghost:
YUP :thumbup:
ALTHOUGH I FEEL LIKE TALKING LIKE A GIANT TODAY 'COS I'M FEELING SO WONDERFUL

the demon is finally gone for this month
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now