Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Ability to design and build

Second life as an example of the virtual markets...only I was thinking of things like players having huge showroom hangers to show and sell their virtual ship creations...galleries where images of real-word things like art can be seen and bought...even selling virtual architectural buildings and structures created with the in-game builder... Just ideas that I think would addict me to this game... :)

StevieJ wrote:Second life as an example of the virtual markets...only I was thinking of things like players having huge showroom hangers to show and sell their virtual ship creations...galleries where images of real-word things like art can be seen and bought...even selling virtual architectural buildings and structures created with the in-game builder... Just ideas that I think would addict me to this game... :)
selling stuff where to whom?

to the AI in game?

What Cha0zz meant by "dated" is that the game itself has advanced far beyond the prototype, so what you see in the prototype's level of things may not resemble the finished product.

As you've noted, yeah - it has things going for it that none of the other games do, and it combines them. Most of the other big space games aren't easily moddable either.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Could you explain what dated means to you? Is it the graphics? The game-play? The music?

To my knowledge there aren't any other games that do what Limit Theory will do, or currently does. Even though the wiki is incomplete, I'd suggest taking a look at it. It may help give you an idea about what kind of a game Limit Theory is and how it is very different from other games on the market.

If you just care about graphics, you may want to focus on Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. Both have current gen graphics.

One of the things I like about Limit Theory is that it inspires people to imagine it as supporting the kinds of gameplay they enjoy. That tells me the "bones" of LT -- its visible structure, even in its early stages -- are good. Lots of people see its potential.

So even if LT winds up being a single-player game with no PvP or auction houses or commercial asset sharing features, I don't think it hurts anything to let people dream.

Online Now