Return to “Suggestions”

Hotas Support

Josh

I hope everything finds you well. Please in your UI designing of the game please consider us Hotas Players. I normally don't play space games using mouse and keyboard. Please consider adding the ability (if its not already there) to play your awesome game using a Hotas setup like the Warthog/ MFG rudder pedal setup.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Best Regards
Paul Bright
Re: Hotas Support

Dinosawer wrote:IIRC the game supports any form of joystick, so it should work. That said, it's not based around a flight-simlike flight model like Elite is, so you might not need al 35 axes and 3695 buttons of your HOTAS. :mrgreen:
Cool thanks.. yea there are a lot of buttons...lol

To add to this just a bit, if the actual game is anything like the Limit Theory Prototype, ships will be quite controllable using mouse & keyboard.

That's partly because the LTP has a simpler and somewhat more arcade-like control interface, and partly because the world itself isn't as "realistically" physics-based -- space in LT has drag, for example.

The good news is that, as noted, it probably won't take much to add support for HOTAS for those who'd like it.

The other good news is that it probably won't be needed. ;)

I very much agree with your contribution here, Flat. :thumbup:

I was impressed with how my ship(s) handled in flight when playing the LTP. Josh did say he had made improvements to the handling since the release of the LTP so I'm expecting a full on "Freelancer-ish" experience but with the added bonus of support for more input devices. :D

I played with trackball and keyboard but I have a few other devices waiting in the wings which I'm hoping will be equally as enjoyable to use. Certainly nothing as complex as your HOTAS, pbright, but I would like to give a brand new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro a good workout. :)

I just hope Josh has managed to marry the experience to some awesome engine effects as did FDEV with Elite Dangerous. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote: I played with trackball and keyboard but I have a few other devices waiting in the wings which I'm hoping will be equally as enjoyable to use. Certainly nothing as complex as your HOTAS, pbright, but I would like to give a brand new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro a good workout. :)
I have an Extreme 3D Pro and it works excellently for simulators for which many people use proper HOTAS setups. I don't know how you feel about simulators, Victor, but if it's good enough for them it'll be good enough for LT :P

Scytale wrote:I have an Extreme 3D Pro and it works excellently for simulators for which many people use proper HOTAS setups. I don't know how you feel about simulators, Victor, but if it's good enough for them it'll be good enough for LT
I already owned two Logitech Attack 3 joysticks, Scytale, but they don't include a top hat button or the thumb operated button on the side of the stick. The actual stick feels more comfortable on the Extreme version, a better design for me as I still get some pain from an old wrist injury. Being right handed I prefer the layout of the other buttons on the Extreme. And the throttle control is less fiddly to use.

I'm not a hardcore joystick jockey type but I've played most of the classic space sims through the years. :angel: I swapped my HOTAS for a rather nice sound system. My brother and I were well pleased with the transaction. :D

That's excellent, Victor. I used to use the Wingman Extreme / Force Feedback joysticks. They were also quite good, but I don't think they're on the market anymore? But I'm quite pleased with the Extreme 3D too.

Maybe once I've completed my move I can get into a proper sound system; I'd dearly love to play my games without an obnoxious headset. The teamspeak I use complicates matters, though.

Online Now