Return to “Suggestions”

Diplomancy after fights

There should be an option that opponents or the player have the choice to give up and finish the fight through diplomancy. So you may pay money or you have to give the winner your fleet or the crew have to give up and you can put them in chains and sell them at the next spacestation as slaves.So there are many diffrent ways to win a fight (or lose) than just kill all(or you get killed)

Greetz from germany

Spoot
Re: Diplomancy after fights

+2 to this. especially if factions and planet control is implemented. its no fun to blow up a perfectly good (although the paint will have to be *cough* touched up) ship especially if i want to role play the BORG collective. or even having the ability to capture a ship and sell off slave or ransom back a king ore kill them all and relax on your new space liner.
If I've rambled and gone off topic im sorry but i tend to be long winded as you might notice if you stumble across my other post XD. thanks for reading.
Re: Diplomancy after fights

Oh yes, +3 to this. Both players and NPCs need to be able to try to talk their way out of a fight (depending on the disposition of the NPC(s) involved). The AI needs to be (and I imagine will be) robust enough that NPCs will act with self-interest. I loved Freelancer, but one thing that bothered me is that the enemies would almost always suicidally keep fighting you even though (A) they should have seen your ship wildly outclassed theirs to begin with; (B) they have seen you kill 20 of their friends with little problem; and (C) their ship is on fire and being held together by prayers and silly putty.

In LT, I'd love to see AI intelligently ask for mercy or bribe the player - especially if they're not a hardened pirate/military type - and I'd like to see NPCs accept a player's bribe/grant the player clemency if he/she asks for it, and if the NPC's faction doesn't hate you too much.

Now that I think of it, Independence War 2 handled NPC surrender quite well - if you beat them up enough, they'd drop their cargo so you could have your friend come along and grab the cargo pods. Something like that, or a wireless transfer of credits would be cool.

Online Now