Return to “Suggestions”

do you believe this could be a major update in the future

yes
Total votes: 7 (78%)
no
Total votes: 2 (22%)
Total votes: 9
Re: Carrier wars

before I begin I would like to state that I do not have the game but is waiting for it to come out. after reading post I am still unsure if carriers are still in the game or not. I do know that carriers were a stretch goal and it wasn't achieved. but i believe a great idea for carriers is of coarse "Wars". first of all once players achieve enough money to purchase one they could go against wars against AI factions (hopefully with difficulty setting) and if possible players. this could be a great way to earn credits. this is only a quick post and i will most likely change it to help people better understand how it could work (still thinking about it). if you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to reply

Edit: hey everyone first of all before I get started thanks to those who welcomed me. after reading all the replies i now know that the stretch goal has been reached and thanks for telling me. i also understand that there is some misunderstanding so here we go.

(as said before i do not own the game currently and i do not know everything that is possible in the game so for "System" i mean 1 galaxy or what ever it is called in the game)

There are 2 different versions i believe are possible for the game. the first one is just a basic carrier vs carrier battle where players select somewhere around 5-10 ships to fight. the battle should be in a system that scanners are rendered useless at long range so there would be more scouting to find the enemy carrier. there should be some asteroids to help hide the carrier from eye sight and also provide cover / hiding for ambushes. (tell me what you think about this) both player and AI player should have to mine for 1 basic resource to repair damaged/destroyed ships. this could make it more difficult because players would have to defend the miner/s and it also makes both player and AI more cautious about how they use there ships. the player should be able to customize the carrier with either long range weaponry for assaulting the other carrier or point defense weapons for protection against fighters and smaller ships.

another version which i do understand may not happen (just putting it our there) is the player once having bought a carrier can be able to "Conquer" a certain amount of systems (Say maybe 3-5?) in name of there faction and that can give the player control about who can do certain things such as mine in the system or anything else this could help players make more money by making reasources scarce therefor your miners can make more money. AI factions should be able to also by carrier and attempt (and can win) systems for there factions to make it more interesting. not all systems should be conquerable. the outer systems should only be conquerable say maybe 6 in each corner and if players can only conquer fix that leaves room for 1 ai to own and attack you against.

please reply with any concerns or ideas for this and if you have anything negative to say about this idea please speak aloud im not soft hearted and negativity towards this idea can bring out certain flaws that need to be fixed

have a merry Christmas everyone
Last edited by Schaikerman on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Carriers were, in fact, reached. :shh:

I am not certain as to what you mean by 'Carrier Wars'. Do you mean a competition of sorts with Carriers? Or is the Carrier business just that deadly? :ghost:

Care to elaborate?

Also, Welcome to the Forums. :wave: Hope you have fun. :angel:
Last edited by Idunno on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Schaikerman wrote:I do know that carriers were a stretch goal and it wasn't achieved.
Image source

What should be a "war" in this context?
Especially a war with which you can make money.

An arena style combat in which you compete with chosen enemies?
(How else could you earn money directly from fighting?)

Changing difficulty settings per enemy/engagement will likely not be in...
at most a setting per world.

Since nobody else seems to have had the heart to rain on this little piece of the parade: this isn't multiplayer. There is no multiplayer. You can't go to war with other players, because there are no other players.
Spacecredentials: looks at stars sometimes, cheated at X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, killed a titan once.

I would argue that it is somehow different, because if it wasn't, he most certainly would've mentioned it by now. :P Any new system requires testing and tweaking, and this involves time - he's been fairly diligent at telling us how he spends his time, so if it used precisely the same code, we should already have seen it in the dev videos.
Last edited by Talvieno on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

He probably jut hasn't had time to think about that sort of thing in a long time but I would think it would be maximum two or 3 days to fully integrate something like that I could of course be wrong :roll: I a history magor not programmer :lol:
"That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”
– Sam

Online Now