Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Small things that would be nice to have

Hyperion wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:something from the pretty niche game "XO"

the gif says it all, quick flanking with only a few clicks, seems nice to have

http://imgur.com/VWSNDiH
Ok, this looks lovely. I could get behind more warfare if it was like this....

I am still however partial to asymmetrical warfare with total war while enemy insurgents are hidden throughout the civilian population and fighting them is all about detecting them and cutting their supply chains before they blow you up
*High-fives obvious Cybran Brethren* :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
Hyperion wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:something from the pretty niche game "XO"

the gif says it all, quick flanking with only a few clicks, seems nice to have

http://imgur.com/VWSNDiH
Ok, this looks lovely. I could get behind more warfare if it was like this....

I am still however partial to asymmetrical warfare with total war while enemy insurgents are hidden throughout the civilian population and fighting them is all about detecting them and cutting their supply chains before they blow you up
*High-fives obvious Cybran Brethren* :ghost:
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

What occured to me while annoy..er...enlightening other forums with my wisdom was that slaving your ships front/main weapons to the AI, most specificly in fighters.

That you have your mouse controls free to control your ship and have the AI do the shooting for you.

this assumes that all weapons are gimballed to some degree.

This would make it easier for people without
Hardenberg wrote:the reflexes of a 15 year old hopped up on Red Bull
to engage in fighter action.
And a convenience feature for everyone who just wants to play a calmer game for the time being :)

Heh, in any game where you are shown to have a computer system of any sort. The guns should not only auto aim at the correct target lead, but should only fire while you are holding the trigger *AND* the weapon has a firing solution.

Computers at any level better than a watch, can easily calculate firing solutions and move gimbaled, or turreted weapons into place.

Humans are basically redundant at this point, except for decision making. Even then if they computers are at the modern level or better then there is no need for humans inside of anything smaller than a Naval Corvette
Fighter aircraft AI already outperform humans in mostly every situation.

So either make the tech level WW2 in space, complete with actuators and lack of real radar.
Or go home, and fly a big ship that launches drone fighters!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:Heh, in any game where you are shown to have a computer system of any sort. The guns should not only auto aim at the correct target lead, but should only fire while you are holding the trigger *AND* the weapon has a firing solution.

Computers at any level better than a watch, can easily calculate firing solutions and move gimbaled, or turreted weapons into place.
Well, we already /have/ automatic targetting in all turreted weapons, all im suggesting is to apply it for convenience to fighter main cannons as well.

The other logical inclusions of computers getting smarter have already been discussed in myriad drone threads and are outside the scope of this thread :P

mcsven wrote:Way back in the mists of time we talked about having two different forms of fast travel: Freelancer-style trade lanes (or warp rails or whatever Teh Josh is calling them these days) and then some form of naturally occurring lanes.

When I saw this article on RPS I thought of the latter - this could be a nice way to spread them throughout a system.

it looks cool, i dont see how it would make a good topography to get around a solar system...?

a tree doesnt make a nice net to get from anywhere to anywhere.

Online Now