Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Small things that would be nice to have

BFett wrote:I'm currently betting on a 2017 release date. Maybe even a 2018 release date if we don't hear from Josh soon.

Being that 2016 is pretty much done, ya.

I think we will be lucky to get a beta in 2017. Though we have no idea what Josh is doing anymore, if anything, so who knows.

Imagine if back in 2014 if someone suggested that LT would be released in 2018? It's not a crazy idea anymore.
My Signature

(Has this been said already? Can't remember.)

Control over in-world UI elements. Basically, I'd like to be able to selectively turn off HUD elements and sub-windows, as well as bits of text and icons and such, so that my ship's (notional) viewscreen looks/works more like a window onto space. Also nicer for screenshots.

A nice enhancement to this would be to be able to take down and restore all currently enabled UI elements with a single (remappable) keystroke.

Naturally, it would also be a nice thing to go the other direction: to enable maximum UI-provided details on certain types of objects in range of appropriate sensors (ships, stations, colonies) without having to manually select each of those objects and drill down to see their specifics.

how fitting that the last talk in here was about the UI, because the current thing is about UI.

i like how the new turret gunner view in elite dangerous moves the ship out of the way when turning around. in many games i've had my own ship in my line of sight when using turrets, so that would be a nice thing to have in LT too :D

https://youtu.be/5aCXg10p-dc?t=9m

Cornflakes_91 wrote:how fitting that the last talk in here was about the UI, because the current thing is about UI.

i like how the new turret gunner view in elite dangerous moves the ship out of the way when turning around. in many games i've had my own ship in my line of sight when using turrets, so that would be a nice thing to have in LT too :D

Wow...Can't believe Elite did that....like a arcade game..or something. I guess Brabens 1st person immersion is out the window.

LT is going to have turret gunners?

RedDwarfMining wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:how fitting that the last talk in here was about the UI, because the current thing is about UI.

Wow...Can't believe Elite did that....like a arcade game..or something. I guess Brabens 1st person immersion is out the window.

LT is going to have turret gunners?
Wow, thats a quality turret cam :D
LT should easily be able to get something like this, just a few tweaks to the camera scripts, and throw they at Josh for a merge into the core of LT
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Smart Cargo. Unloads itself when you *stop* near a station(1,000-10,000 meters?).

Swarms of cargo boxes(without G restrictions)are jettisoned with their tiny thrusters and away they go!....it's a sight to behold! millions of little containers traveling to their destination.

Large containers might have passengers..so they are kept at 1G or whatever their G threshold is.

Well paying passengers(in their Gucci spacesuits)will, of course, want to be taken directly to the space dock and wouldn't be caught dead in a cargo shuttle.

Online Now