Return to “Suggestions”

Re: LT live stream?

DWMagus wrote:
Sebby McWester wrote:
TGS wrote:I don't think the game is in the state where it is practical to do this yet.
Really? From what I've seen in the update videos, I'd be more than happy to just watch the AI going about its business mining and such.
Actually, this would be pretty epic. Set up a livestream of his sandbox where the AI fights it out. I'd have that streaming all day. This would be epic!
I'd love this! Just select an NPC and follow it around on its day-to-day life until it inevitably explodes. It would be missing the UI, but still be fun to watch.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

AbhChallenger wrote:That would burn a significant amount of watts.
I'm used to your pessimism and hold you in high regard for your down-to-earth, realistic outlook, but that's not a very good argument against. :lol: How about something like, "You do realize that it'll lessen people's anticipation for the final version and make the dev videos have less of an impact, as well as taking up what would likely be a significant portion of Josh's free time, when someone else could simply do the same after beta is released without affecting development time."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
AbhChallenger wrote:That would burn a significant amount of watts.
I'm used to your pessimism and hold you in high regard for your down-to-earth, realistic outlook, but that's not a very good argument against. :lol: How about something like, "You do realize that it'll lessen people's anticipation for the final version and make the dev videos have less of an impact, as well as taking up what would likely be a significant portion of Josh's free time, when someone else could simply do the same after beta is released without affecting development time."
Actually it is a decent argument against it. While I am sure power is relatively cheap in TN. Streaming a game requires a good amount of CPU and GPU. If the card involved is one of the Kepler or Maxwell series Nvidia. It could do some of the encoding work. However, in the long run. Low power computer = Crap stream.

Also Josh runs LT on all his computers unless I am mistaken. To test how it behaves on each. That means Josh would have to end stream and remember to bring it back up.

Time wasted. Money wasted.. etc... Not to mention wear and tear on the parts of this computer having to run at near 100 percent all day.

When the beta comes out, I'm planning to put up a screen, showing off LT, as a "picture of art" in my home. It would run something similar to what is mentioned in this thread, follow NPCs around doing their business or just cruise the universe to show off the beauty of LT.

Now, with my relatively fast uplink (75 Mbit) and double NVidia GTX 780 Ti cards, it might just be doable to stream this to twitch as well. It would be really interesting to see how the power of LTSL could be used to automate getting requests from the viewers/community on what to look at and where to go..
old-fashioned :ghost:

Online Now