Return to “Suggestions”

Development Progress Update Suggestion

This may come out sounding a little lame, but I have been thinking about it for a little while now. And "gamer Josh" and "developer Josh" have pushed my hand. This is a suggestion straight into the suggestion box of "manager Josh'.

I am having serious withdrawls. I long for an update to see all of the things that Josh has been developing and been raving about in the logs. My suggestion is this: I could go a couple months without a video update if Developer Josh would stop every now and then and tell Gamer Josh to snap a couple screen shots of what he is working on. Just to see the UI changes, or the advances in AI, or the look of a hundred ships riding the rails.

Josh, the bottom line is: I need to update my computer desktop wallpaper with some Limit Theory awesome. Just a little Cyber Monday picture in my email would make one happy boy (I am sure my son would love to see it too). I have the jitters, every time my phone goes *ding* with an email, I go :shock: :o :D :x :cry: when I realize it is not a Kickstarter update.

This one thing would make for many happy individuals. I am sorry I had to bypass both Developer Josh and Gamer Josh, but it needed to happen :D
Re: Development Progress Update Suggestion

Screenshot of the week and day has come up quite a lot even before these (I don't want to call them delays..) "temporal displacements".

I dunno.. I'm torn between wanting this and not wanting this.. A picture is worth a thousand words but we get at least a thousand words per week in devlogs... screenshots really don't tell the whole store on what is happening... even a short video clip is better... but which clip and how long is short and so many other questions.

Maybe I have not been looking in the right places. I did not know he was doing pictures with the "displacements". What I meant was a picture of what he is talking about in on of his epic devlogs. Like the AI riding the rails, that would be an awesome pic. So a picture with a description. It doesn't need to happen all of the time, just like a weekly awesome shot with his devlog.

JoshParnell wrote:I have some ideas and prospective plans concerning a new update mechanism that I believe may work well for everybody (and cure some of the withdrawal jitters :ghost:). I will announce more details after I've given it some more thought post-#21 :)
System generator testbed constantly running and auto-uploading screenshots every hour? There might not be any ships or stations or warp rails, but ooooh, look at all those pretty nebulae, planets, asteroids and more!
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Hyperion wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:I have some ideas and prospective plans concerning a new update mechanism that I believe may work well for everybody (and cure some of the withdrawal jitters :ghost:). I will announce more details after I've given it some more thought post-#21 :)
System generator testbed constantly running and auto-uploading screenshots every hour? There might not be any ships or stations or warp rails, but ooooh, look at all those pretty nebulae, planets, asteroids and more!
Oh yes! I don't think it will happen, but you have my approval.

Hyperion wrote:
This but as a "webcam" type web-application. It could be positioned in an active location like a trading post or similar, which has lots of different ships coming and going; and also is orbiting a nice looking planet with an asteroid ring around it and a moon nearby; as per other posts on the subject, it would be pointing toward the star in such a way that it isn't blinded by the light.

Then basically you could have it capture a new screen every hour or whatever is plausible for the system, like you've suggested.

Online Now