Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Warp Rails as Cargo Transfer method

Cornflakes_91 wrote:I was wondering:
How flexible is the wedge allocation code?

Could it becused for general flight control purposes, for example controlling flight channels into docking bays or towards docking pylons?

Could it be used as overlay for the player as well, to allow manual docking approach?
(Or for manual avoidance of allocated flight channels?)

Huh, thats a good point.
I would assume it wouldn't need much tweaking...
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote:I always wanted to use warp rails to transfer cargo of gigantic iron slugs at a fraction of the speed of light. I'm all for this idea! :thumbup:
I thought that this was a discussion of transferring goods. While I don't deny that death and destruction aren't goods in high demand, I doubt your trading partners will appreciate a home delivery. :ghost: /missingthepoint
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Well if cargo pods and giant metal slugs are on the table, why not entire asteroids? Instead of mining them in the field, you just ship them home on the cargo rails and pop them into your giant mining station, which breaks them up and smelts them one huge asteroid at a time. You could build it to look like pac man sitting at the end of a line of warp dots.

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:Well if cargo pods and giant metal slugs are on the table, why not entire asteroids? Instead of mining them in the field, you just ship them home on the cargo rails and pop them into your giant mining station, which breaks them up and smelts them one huge asteroid at a time. You could build it to look like pac man sitting at the end of a line of warp dots.
Well the problem is that Josh doesn't want to allow asteroids to be moved. It may be possible to make a mod that does a fancy swap when someone wants to move the asteroid, but that's the only way we will see movable asteroids.

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:So asteroids won't move at all if I bump them with my ship? Crap. Haven't found a game that does that yet. Static objects in space drive me crazy. Technology must advance more quickly.
I'm pretty sure Interstellar Rift allows you to bump asteroids in order to move them. I'll try that some time and make sure that's the case before you decide to purchase it.

Online Now