Return to “Suggestions”

Eyes are scanners, colour is radiation, pink doesn't exist

Yeah I know. The scanner train left development city quite a while ago, but I figured it couldn't hurt bringing this up anyway.

The idea is, that a scanner can detect a certain range of frequencies (in our eye's case red to violet) plus pink, that is - if I am not completely wrong - a mix of frequencies that would be outside of your range. (Correct me if I am wrong. I'm wrong, aren't I?)
Scanners can be bought in different ranges. So if you are looking for squirrillium you could drill blind, or get a scanner wiches spectrum covers the frequency of it's reflection, the light that goes through or it's own radiation.
Let's say the sweet fluffy ore radiates in the 1.4PHz area. So you get a scanner with a 0.9 - 2.3 PHz range. Now you just need to keep your eyes open for a yellow, maybe green glow.
The wider the detectable range, the more you can see, but you will have a bad time looking for something specific. With a narrow range are you blind for almost everything except what you are looking for.
So. There isn't a blue nebula, but one that emmits mainly in the upper third to fourth area of your scanner.
This could even be combined with aperture mechanics and expanded to communication.
[hypes internälly]
Re: Eyes are scanners, colour is radiation, pink doesn't ex

Der_Foe wrote:The wider the detectable range, the more you can see, but you will have a bad time looking for something specific. With a narrow range are you blind for almost everything except what you are looking for.
So. There isn't a blue nebula, but one that emmits mainly in the upper third to fourth area of your scanner.
Beautiful idea indeed.

By the way: Here is a nice graph regarding to The Electromagnetic Radiation Spectrum
:D

Online Now