Return to “Suggestions”

Higher Framerate Videos

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if it is possible for Josh to record the videos in a higher framerate like 60 fps, I know youtube will be using that soon if not already and if that isn't an option because of internet connection or whatnot, at least have it for those who use the torrents, just a suggestion

~Sly
IVE BEEN OUT OF MY MIND A LONG TIME
Re: Higher Framerate Videos

Considering people already want full 1080p videos, upping to 60fps will double their size. Yeah, some people might not mind downloading an 8gb torrent file for the monthly update, but Josh will more than likely have an issue uploading it since his ISP doesn't seem to be the fastest or most reliable.

Keep in mind, transferring 8gb of data across a 1gbit line takes more than hour. Sending it at most ISP's high-end 50mbit would take 20 times longer. Then you have to worry about bottlenecking at youtube or anywhere else along the line. If you want to wait a week for the upload alone to take place, feel free.

Not to mention that capturing at 60fps 1080p without a dedicated capture computer is stressful at the very least.

Me, I'd be happy with a 720p@30fps youtube video at max with a 1080p@whateverfps for those that want it.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:Considering people already want full 1080p videos, upping to 60fps will double their size. Yeah, some people might not mind downloading an 8gb torrent file for the monthly update, but Josh will more than likely have an issue uploading it since his ISP doesn't seem to be the fastest or most reliable.

Keep in mind, transferring 8gb of data across a 1gbit line takes more than hour. Sending it at most ISP's high-end 50mbit would take 20 times longer. Then you have to worry about bottlenecking at youtube or anywhere else along the line. If you want to wait a week for the upload alone to take place, feel free.

Not to mention that capturing at 60fps 1080p without a dedicated capture computer is stressful at the very least.

Me, I'd be happy with a 720p@30fps youtube video at max with a 1080p@whateverfps for those that want it.
Sorry about the nitpick, but your math is off. Transferring 8gb of data across a 1gbit line takes 8*8gbit/s / (1gbit/s) = 64 seconds, assuming you can use the full 1gbit/s for uploading.

But you have a point if you are discussing the (common in Europe) ADSL with 16Mbit/s downstream and 1 Mbit/s upstream. Then the upload will take 64,000 seconds or 17.8 hours ;)

Rabiator wrote:Sorry about the nitpick, but your math is off. Transferring 8gb of data across a 1gbit line takes 8*8gbit/s / (1gbit/s) = 64 seconds, assuming you can use the full 1gbit/s for uploading.
D'oh. There goes my cred for the week. Yeah, you're right, I was screwing up my math. I was off by a factor. Thanks for pointing it out.
But you have a point if you are discussing the (common in Europe) ADSL with 16Mbit/s downstream and 1 Mbit/s upstream. Then the upload will take 64,000 seconds or 17.8 hours ;)
This was the main point I was trying to make. Bandwidth isn't high enough in parts of the country that make much since to send something that big across the wire.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

If I remember correctly some of the monthly update videos were already recorded at a higher framerate. And in my opinion the video files are way oversized compared to their quality, meaning if I get a 3+gb video for ~20min and still see blocking in some areas, something is not tuned optimally. Switching to a 10-bit codec would help, I think, but I can already hear the people screaming why they cannot play it properly :evil: .

Cheers

Online Now