Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Bosses

DWMagus wrote:Can we have it in the engine where there might be an enemy fighter/carrier/etc that is just 'better' at their job?
Nice. I wonder if Josh plans to make AI intelligence (per ship or per faction) a seeded variable.
Experiencing a significant gravitas shortfall

Zero Gravitas wrote:
DWMagus wrote:Can we have it in the engine where there might be an enemy fighter/carrier/etc that is just 'better' at their job?
Nice. I wonder if Josh plans to make AI intelligence (per ship or per faction) a seeded variable.
Yep.

Bosses make sense in this manner, if you consider them to be "really smart" AIs, perhaps leaders of a squadron or fleet or whatever (who have also acquired great equipment), as DWMagus is suggesting. Again, I'm not really up for the idea of "planting" elites in the game, it has to be a natural consequence of the procedural generation. And indeed, having certain AIs be vastly smarter than others would be a very natural consequence, so I think we will see such things :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

I fully expect to see battles of different sizes, and missions that will pose different grades of challenges. Thus, there will certainly be very difficult missions, and very big and difficult-to-survive battles. I'm looking forward to stuff like this.

But other than that, the whole idea of "bosses" simply doesn't make any sense in an open-sandbox game. If you want a boss-battle every now and then, then please buy a linear game that features end-of-level bosses. Limit Theory is not that type of game, and playing it for the thrill of boss battles makes as much sense as playing Backgammon for the thrill of checkmating your opponent: none at all.

If you make the best AI possible and make this available only to "bosses" then the trick is to get convincing artificial stupidity so that the lesser ships miss more than they hit for instance. But not make it look like they are intentionally missing.

Online Now