Return to “Suggestions”

question/suggestion re: motion graphic effects

Hi,

LT Dev Update #12 showed some nice motion graphic effects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcfqusFfaM#t=3m10s

Will these effects be adjustable? I'm referring to "flyby" effects like dust streaks and clouds/nebulas passing by the cockpit.

- adjust concentration (#) of dust streaks
Heavy # of dust streaks create a "warp speed!" effect. I prefer something more minimal, while others may like it.

- adjust brightness / opacity of clouds (close-range ones, not distant nebula)
This suggestion comes from my experience with X3:Terran Conflict. My display would pulse like a strobe light while flying through nebulas due to the bright clouds zooming past the cockpit. It could cause some serious eye strain in a dark room.

LT update #12 showed a similar cloud effect (see link above). He admitted that the effects weren't subtle at that stage, but I figured I'd contribute my comments just in case it helps.

That's all! Keep up the great work. I just discovered this game today and it looks fantastic. 'Super bummed that I missed the Kickstarter deadline. Oh well.
Re: question/suggestion re: motion graphic effects

roverspace wrote:That's all! Keep up the great work. I just discovered this game today and it looks fantastic. 'Super bummed that I missed the Kickstarter deadline. Oh well.
Welcome aboard. :thumbup:

If you can and are in the mood, try to watch all others video updates too. It took me several weeks to do so, and it was a wonderful time. :D
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima
Re: question/suggestion re: motion graphic effects

i believe in the latest dev video josh toggles the dust on and off. he has also said that pretty much all graphics will be optional, everything in LT will have tons of customization. its really exciting.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

Online Now