Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Pareidolic Icons

Victor Tombs wrote:I'm still loving your ideas, Hyperion. :thumbup: I do wish Josh had more time to interact and comment in the forums. I know he does his best but it would be interesting to know what he thought of this. :)
Yes it would be. (: I'd like to hear what he thinks about the civilians idea too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I think all those spline curves could use some gradient surfaces between them, Image kinda like this but with a more subdued pallete and of course curves instead of straight lines.
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

I would still like to know what Josh thinks of this idea, or perhaps he could enlighten us concerning his own ideas. :?

I still don't understand how you intend representing the NPC's we will interact with on a personal level, coding maestro. Will it all be text based? Will my "friends" just be names in a contacts book? Will they have no iconic presence?

I am relatively certain he has seen it. Considering that Victor is so enthusiastic, that it has been linked to at least a dozen times since I posted it first, and that it has hundreds of views, I don't see how he could have not found out about it by now. I'm sure he has his reasons for his silence though. Maybe he doesn't like it, it may not fit with his vision. Maybe he loves it, and won't say anything until it is announced as fully implemented in a devlog. Speculation as to his reasons for doing this or that are a bit silly, but that said... I fully support everyone bugging him until there is a definite answer... and if the answer is no, a reason why not. :monkey:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Wow, I absolutely love Hyperion's illustrations on the idea!

My vision on the matter are closer to simplified and more abstract holographic projections like communication holograms in Star Wars, although I believe a similar effect can be achieved using lines and gradients in 3D space.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Talvieno wrote:
Question: Is it possible for the avatar to give out some information regarding the one that possess it?
With procedurally-generated avatars, anything is possible. I think that this could be done simply by the harshness of the lines, and the coloration - harsh red might mean aggressive, while wispy blue might mean peaceful. You could mix and match, too, assigning various properties to different things - with wispy red and harsh blue. You could even take the length of the lines into account - there's a treasure trove of possibilities here.
I know this is a while back in the discussion but I just want to very solidly 1+ this :D
"That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”
– Sam

Online Now