Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Pareidolic Icons

ThymineC wrote:Identifiable characters should definitely be a thing. I would like to be able to become emotionally attached to some of the NPCs if possible.
Creating an emotional attachment would allow for a better play through. I really like the logic behind it and it makes a lot of sense and I want to elaborate but I have not slept in 38 hours and my bed looks so inviting.
Perhaps we've never been visited by aliens because they have looked upon Earth and decided there's no sign of intelligent life.
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Fantastic work tal! I've been playing with it for a bit now, and while I feel there's room for improvement, this is still super cool! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Talvieno wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Made a little toy for fun this weekend.
:D
Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed May 21, 2014 1:32 am
ThymineC wrote:Identifiable characters should definitely be a thing. I would like to be able to become emotionally attached to some of the NPCs if possible.
For someone with your philosophy Thymine you amaze me with how insightful you are at times. I couldn't agree more with what you say here. :clap: :D
:angel:

Great work!
(Does indeed not work on my iPad, btw)

Where did you get the « theory » from? (Characteristics impact on graphism)?
Own creation by trial and error, or is there a background saying this or that shape gives this or that impression?

CSE wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:35 am
Where did you get the « theory » from? (Characteristics impact on graphism)?
Own creation by trial and error, or is there a background saying this or that shape gives this or that impression?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. If you mean the idea that characteristics have an impact on what the icon looks like, that was probably either Hyperion or Josh, or a mix of both. If you mean the actual implementation, I essentially just decided what I wanted to see for each and made it happen.
Hyperion wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:49 pm
Fantastic work tal! I've been playing with it for a bit now, and while I feel there's room for improvement, this is still super cool! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I did a little work to improve the colors after I posted it, but I can't do much more to it without leaving the simplistic generation and delving into something much more complex.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now