Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Modifying a vessel

I agree with you Cornflakes. Have research create blueprints, which then create assembly chips, which are constructed using materials of particular quality which vary the item's base stats, and have those materials put together at a construction/production module which produces the final product.

That's a long but reasonable chain of events where each link has a specific purpose.

BFett wrote:For the sake of gameplay I would have serial numbers include location of origin.

Centari station batch 375. Which would look like :
CS-375 'weapon name here'
Well, serial number means nomalization.
Normalization in an infinite world seems impossible.

edit : or you need an universe normalization system to add serial id to discovered place properties.

davdav wrote:
BFett wrote:For the sake of gameplay I would have serial numbers include location of origin.

Centari station batch 375. Which would look like :
CS-375 'weapon name here'
Well, serial number means nomalization.
Normalization in an infinite world seems impossible.

edit : or you need an universe normalization system to add serial id to discovered place properties.
Normalization? All you have to do is give each station a counter, increment it when new ships are built, and give the ships that number, with an appended prefix.

Keeping track of persistent numeric data on those ships (and on the stations) might become expensive in files with a lot of elapsed time and systems explored. Who needs S/Ns anyway? This ship isn't STOLEN or anything.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Silverware wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote:appended prefix

Adding the front to the back? :3
#English
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Grumblesaur wrote:
Silverware wrote:
Grumblesaur wrote:appended prefix

Adding the front to the back? :3
Look, if you're going to nitpick the difference between "append" and "prepend" in a non-programming context, I'll tempban you. :ghost:
The oppression begins? :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Online Now