Return to “Suggestions”

Limit Theory innerworkings ebook

As i read dev logs and josh posts i cant help to think that this kind of information, inner workings of LT, should be included with game final version as ebook or something. Maybe not 1.0 as theres more important updates but with some patch or dlc. If i would blindly play this game i would never know how sophisticated the background is... and would think most of it is simulated and simple. But i think that it adds a lot to the game value to know how things really work. The manual may not be enough.

What do you think?
Re: Limit Theory innerworkings ebook

Alcazabedabra wrote:
BFett wrote:If you want all the Devlogs organized into a very long Doc file, I think I could do it. That is if anyone would be interested in reading all of that.
I would be. If you do that, I'd like a copy.
Do you want to be the editor? There may be a bit of formatting that will need to be cleaned up. I'm at April of 2013 and already at 229 pages. :!:

Here's part one of the series. I have to break these down into chunks that I can upload here so I'm limited to 256kb.

December 2012 to March 2013 - Part 1
April to June 2013 - Part 2
Attachments
April to June 2013.zip
Part 2
(209.81 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
December 2012 to March 2013.zip
Part 1
(236.35 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

Alcazabedabra wrote:I'm thinking of plugging the whole thing into Google docs, doing the formatting and such there. Plus, I can make it a public doc, and give editing rights to select people.
That may make the entire process easier as well. Should I PM you my gmail info so that I can get edit rights?

BFett wrote:
Alcazabedabra wrote:I'm thinking of plugging the whole thing into Google docs, doing the formatting and such there. Plus, I can make it a public doc, and give editing rights to select people.
That may make the entire process easier as well. Should I PM you my gmail info so that I can get edit rights?
Yes indeedy, do that. I'll start on it tomorrow.
A proud crafter of fruitless pseudointellectual theories
LT Dev Logs Project

Wow, cool guys. Thanks :)

As per the original question, the KS e-book (and printed copy, for the few who backed at that tier) will give snapshot summary of most of the cool parts of implementation. Should be much more concise than dev logs.

I imagine it will be publicly available after some period of time :)
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

Online Now