Return to “Suggestions”

starmap export

A feature that might be interesting is the ability to export the star map as an image.
this would be handy for those who share a universe seed to create plans and ideas.
maybe I'm just bad at ideas.
But sir, we cannot name our flagship the Puffy Panda!
Watch me.
Re: starmap export

The only problem I see with this is it'd remove some of the exploration ability, since it'd have to show sectors you haven't been to yet. Personally, I don't want to know even the names of sectors before I locate and enter them through wormholes or jump gates, :). I've nothing against the exporting of the currently explored star map, however.

5anitybane wrote:The only problem I see with this is it'd remove some of the exploration ability, since it'd have to show sectors you haven't been to yet. Personally, I don't want to know even the names of sectors before I locate and enter them through wormholes or jump gates, :). I've nothing against the exporting of the currently explored star map, however.
My idea is to print star maps showing only the systems you've discovered at that point.

But you say that anyway.

ThymineC wrote:
5anitybane wrote:The only problem I see with this is it'd remove some of the exploration ability, since it'd have to show sectors you haven't been to yet. Personally, I don't want to know even the names of sectors before I locate and enter them through wormholes or jump gates, :). I've nothing against the exporting of the currently explored star map, however.
My idea is to print star maps showing only the systems you've discovered at that point.

But you say that anyway.
I didn't see you say that specifically anywhere in this thread, and I am no clairvoyant, :P.

ThymineC wrote:

But you say that anyway.
This is indeed what I had in mind, though I usually try to plant a seed and see what ideas pop out of it.
But sir, we cannot name our flagship the Puffy Panda!
Watch me.

medikohl wrote:This is indeed what I had in mind, though I usually try to plant a seed and see what ideas pop out of it.
Same here, I try things like scientific names, latin proverbs, and the name of my deceased pets to see what they can bring to different universes. Except that last bit.
Alcazabedabra wrote:Hey, cool.

What about exporting a file that keys another player play in your universe? Give him a file that let's him pop in and play in the world you've created. Not quite just giving the guy your save file, but maybe a ticket into your realm.
That'd be cool, but you don't mean in their same game at the same time, right? If not, people can kinda do that with seeds, just share your seed and they can play the same universe generated, :).

5anitybane wrote:
Alcazabedabra wrote:Hey, cool.

What about exporting a file that keys another player play in your universe? Give him a file that let's him pop in and play in the world you've created. Not quite just giving the guy your save file, but maybe a ticket into your realm.
That'd be cool, but you don't mean in their same game at the same time, right? If not, people can kinda do that with seeds, just share your seed and they can play the same universe generated, :).
Probably more along the lines of the New Game + thread. Allow someone to create a new player inside said save game.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

ThymineC wrote:

But you say that anyway.
I'm very much on board with this. You could even possibly have star systems color-coded or something to show ally/enemy faction zones. Or have the maps actually show miniaturized versions of the systems. There's so much you could do with this.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now