Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Ship Graveyards

Neandertal wrote:
Behemoth wrote:Will actual destroyed ships stay around forever? If so, there's no need for debris-for-no-reason-fields.
That might be a bit of a memory sink after 100 in game years means maybe 100,000,000 dead ships everywhere.

I would like destroyed ships to be recoverable for some resources. Winner gets all. And then also the :ghost: ship :ghost: graveyards for atmosphere. :D
That's what I thought too. I've heard, that there will be around 100 ships in a big fight, so the debris fields would be tiny. Meh, just generate something coherent (not random) in the start.
In space, no one will hear you scream. #262626
I've never played a space sim. Ever.
Vos estis tan limes.

I don't think it'll be a problem with large debris fields. The objects become 'dead' and no longer have any game logic associated with them other than 'just sit there'.

As for just spawning a sector of a debris field, I'm fine with this, but if there is any way to salvage the debris field, you have to keep in mind others can do it too. We already know that things like asteroids and minerals are an infinite resource (as explained by Josh it's the 'recovery' rate of said asteroids that is static) but unless we do that with ships too, then the ships will eventually run out. It is also safe to assume that if the amount runs out, then the AI/NPCs could actually salvage the entire debris field during history generation or before the player finds the field when out exploring.

Of course, then there's the obvious that nothing is just 'spawned' when it comes to things like that. :?
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

DWMagus wrote:As for just spawning a sector of a debris field, I'm fine with this, but if there is any way to salvage the debris field, you have to keep in mind others can do it too. We already know that things like asteroids and minerals are an infinite resource (as explained by Josh it's the 'recovery' rate of said asteroids that is static) but unless we do that with ships too, then the ships will eventually run out. It is also safe to assume that if the amount runs out, then the AI/NPCs could actually salvage the entire debris field during history generation or before the player finds the field when out exploring.
I will be good with debris being mine able but that would mean there are NPCs there. I would prefer there not to be for atmosphere, :ghost: , and thus make them not contain resources. Like you said, It has been stripped clean during history generation :D.

Neandertal wrote: I will be good with debris being mine able but that would mean there are NPCs there. I would prefer there not to be for atmosphere, :ghost: , and thus make them not contain resources. Like you said, It has been stripped clean during history generation :D.
Hulls are resources too.
In space, no one will hear you scream. #262626
I've never played a space sim. Ever.
Vos estis tan limes.

Online Now