Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Interplanetary Highways, Trade Lanes, Acceleration Gates

Flatfingers wrote:Prepare to name your second, sir, as you are just asking for a glove to the cheek.
:lol: Let's not go for pistols at dawn, Flat. I'm still working on getting that suit of armour. It comes with a plethora of vicious weapons. ;) :P I would be honoured if you would act as my squire, Talvieno. :thumbup:
Flatfingers wrote:When Josh spends weeks working on some feature I think is demonstrably required to implement the majority of the Kickstarter description of LT, but which you are certain contributes nothing of real value, I shall recall this conversation to your memory.
:think: He may have already done that, Flat, I can't recall for certain. He spends more time on fleet management than I like or feel is necessary but I've stated before that I'm prepared to accept whatever he feels he needs to include without too much fuss.

As long as I get my Freelancer 2. :angel:

Flat:

For starters a waypoint system like in freelancer would be nice.

+support for jumping out of warp rails and an ETA timer for that.

It should also support wormholes and not exculsively use jumpgates for pathfinding.

A system for adding well... waypoints (lack of better term) would be cool.

"I want to arrive there but get me to this and that point on the way there"

If you are planning a trade run for example.

I guess we could incorporate this in a general way for planning/manipulating/storing ways and paths.

freelancer style travel planning.
You mark your destination and the computer (re)calculates rails, gates, etc to interact with to get to your target.

a bit further would a general path making tool go.
Mark rails, gates, etc to use to create the path you want to use, manipulate every waypoint to your liking.
this could also expand to fleet actions, add tasks for every waypoint. Deploy fighters or even build outposts as a waypoint action.
Also inter fleet synchronisation could happen there.
"Wait at this waypoint until the other fleet has reached its".
Attack patterns would also fall under this (at least ones definable by movement only).

"preferred paths" usable by your fleet could also be defined by this system
Create a route between 2 systems and order all ships you have to use that route when flying between those systems.
Avoid certain systems, use secret paths, use paths you prefer some other reason "i dont want to pay rail tolls to that organisation" etc.

Paths should of course be saveable.
Found a very scenic route you want to remember?
Save it!
Or if you have found a route avoiding enemy sensor stations.

9 times ninja.
I should not write forum posts while touring bars :lol:

Dinosawer wrote:I thought I saw Josh doing the opposite in the last video. Can't remember when though :roll:
Josh did click&drag on the node for choosing travel direction in 21, from what I can tell.

edit: watched the mid-rail entry again, and uhh.. maybe I imagine the click&drag. Can't tell what he did.
Last edited by Baile nam Fonn on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Talvieno wrote:What about Sir Tombs?
Doesn't fit with the formal styling for the title.
In formal protocol Sir is the correct styling for a knight or a baronet (the United Kingdom nobiliary rank just below all peers of the realm), used with (one of) the knight's given name(s) or full name, but not with the surname alone ("Sir James Paul McCartney", "Sir Paul McCartney", or "Sir Paul", but never "Sir McCartney").
source
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now