Some of the potential settings that could be player controlled:
- Frequency/Density/Chance of occurence or encounter [list]
- Natural Disasters (*If they are in the game)
- Factions - enormous intergalactic factions or small, divided parties? UNITE THE CLANS!
- Ships - I imagine two enormous capital ships whose size and weapons put the death star to shame locked in a battle to the death
- Fleets - And then I imagine several of these enormous capital ships battling each other with tons of smaller ship squadrons for support
- Intensity of response to hostile actions/friendly actions
- AI temperament
- Tech Level - How advanced are the encountered AI?
For Limit Theory to really have no limit, shouldn't the player be able to shape his universe to fit his imagination? However, at the same time, with more control comes less incentive to explore and discover. Also, too many settings can be overwhelming. That is why if settings like these are going to be available, I would prefer that they be unlocked through progression (the more you explore the more options you can control) and I would expect them to be presented in an "Advanced Settings" tab or as part of a separate game mode.