Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Planet interaction/building/colonizing etc.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:what if the capability to land on planets was not a default state for ships?

make planetary landing capability a distinct piece of equipment.
Nothing wrong with that in itself. In fact, it might be a nice way of gating progression a little more smoothly.

You'd just have to make sure it's possible to accomplish the necessary amount of growth solely through interaction with space stations.

(Actually, it would be pretty slick to be able to pull up into a busy space station, see a ship you recognize, and have a conversation -- maybe even do some cargo trading -- with the ship's NPC owner.)

thought related to this "ship can land/take off from planet" discussion.

Could ships with different landing and takeoff tolerances make interesting possibilities?

Atmospheric droppods which cant get up on their own again.

Colony ships/landers whichs sole purpose is to land and become a colony.

Atmospheric heavy lift launch stages to get ground built capital ships out into space

etc

Any ideas/critique on that?

:think:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:Could ships with different landing and takeoff tolerances make interesting possibilities?

Atmospheric droppods which cant get up on their own again.

Colony ships/landers whichs sole purpose is to land and become a colony.

Atmospheric heavy lift launch stages to get ground built capital ships out into space
Kerbal Theory?

:D

I'd hesitate taking this too far; I strongly suspect the core fun of LT will be dynamic interactions with NPCs, rather than ship optimization.

That said, I admit I like the idea that ships are built from components, that each component has a function, and that each component type has numerous options with varied tradeoffs.

Optimization can be fun.

Online Now