Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Voice Acting - Crowdsourcing?

because my smartphone isnt built for that, not because digital radios cant do that.

satellite TV is digital radio, and it seems to reach down from geostationary orbit.

military radio is digital radio.

modern mars probes use digital radio.

BFett wrote:satellite
well, it can reach a satellite in geostationary orbit, which is roughly three times the diameter of the earth away from my smartphone.
so my smartphone can definitely reach the other side of the world if it can reach the satellite.

BFett wrote:And here we go, going off topic again based on what sounds best vs what is currently being used.

Okay, game is set in the future so everything is digital? Fine. Let's have crystal clear voice transmissions. Fine. Am I going to argue my points? Nope.
im just arguing against your technical explanations, if you had said "for the feeling" i'd fully agree with you :lol:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
BFett wrote:And here we go, going off topic again based on what sounds best vs what is currently being used.

Okay, game is set in the future so everything is digital? Fine. Let's have crystal clear voice transmissions. Fine. Am I going to argue my points? Nope.
im just arguing against your technical explanations, if you had said "for the feeling" i'd fully agree with you :lol:
Well, everything technical can go out the window since it's the game, and therefor doesn't rely on physics at all. But yes, I was attempting (and failing) to say for the feel.

Do keep in mind that I thought you were against the "feeling" of old radios because of your comment directly after that suggestion. It came across as hostile towards the idea.

BFett wrote:
Cornflakes_91 wrote:

Well, everything technical can go out the window since it's the game, and therefor doesn't rely on physics at all. But yes, I was attempting (and failing) to say for the feel.

Do keep in mind that I thought you were against the "feeling" of old radios because of your comment directly after that suggestion. It came across as hostile towards the idea.
Cornflacts \o/
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now