Return to “Suggestions”

Re: Unguided, unpowered bombs

If you mean the mines, not necessarily.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_mine#Torpedo_mine

In a space setting, homing mechanisms and self-propulsion for mines in a minefield is a necessity because there's so much empty space, in space. The odds of a ship hitting a stationary mine is extremely low, and the cost of making enough stationary mines to effectively cover an area is extremely high, just because of the amount of space you'd have to cover.
woops, my bad, everything & anything actually means specific and conformed

Yup, missiles that can halt and wait for enemies... Smart smart missiles, that has to be ecpensive stuff. Not like buckets of c4 with detonators stuck on the side which reminds me, bombs, we were talking about bombs, we could have some guided ones too right? Just some translation engines so they can guide themselves towards their target.

In the end everything can be built from a homing missile... Just tweak damage, turning rate, acceleration And so on and you are set. Then you have bombs, missiles, torpedoes, mac canons, mines, rocket pods and all that good stuff.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:And you have bullets if you turn acceleration and turning rate to zero and the base velocity to something very high... my opinion in general is that there should be no hard limit between bullet and missle weapons
Eh, the reason we separate bullets is so we can have more of them and use less code going thrugh calculations per bullet... If that makes sense.

Online Now