Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Adam] Friday, July 20, 2018

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! I'll definitely try to hop into a thread everyone once in a while.
Miklos wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:14 am
What exactly is the team you are joining - their next unified engine or development on the current engine?
The new shared engine team. I'll be on the client side (as opposed to the separate server side). Luckily, I don't expect I'll get locked down into a single silo for a while. The engine is still young and there are tons of systems that need implementing. I expect I'll be bouncing around where I'm interested for quite a while and eventually I'll take ownership of something and dive deep into that. I'm thinking I might start off with the scripting language. Josh and I were bouncing a bunch of ideas around at lunch last week and I realized I have a lot of thoughts about what makes a good scripting language. LuaJIT, for all it's power, can be a beast.
Re: [Adam] Friday, July 20, 2018

Just be careful about LTs IP stuff, not that I think Josh is the litigious type, but it's always a good idea to avoid even the appearance of a conflict like that, who knows what the future holds ;)

Also, I'm missing my dog, could you play some fetch with Tess for me?
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now