Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Josh] Friday, April 20, 2018

jwmickelson wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:44 pm
Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:53 pm
Any chance we can hear a little more of the soundtrack by François, Josh? :angel:
Not that it's a democracy, but "I second this" :clap: Music goes so well with shineys.
Don't get the impression I didn't read your previous contribution, jwmickelson. I thought Baile nam Fonn did a good job of replying. I also enjoyed reading your words. :angel:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:43 pm
lobosan wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:45 pm
Hey, Cornflakes - How about some distributed computing? Some cheap EC2 instances to offload simulating adjacent sectors?
By the time LT comes out , that bitcoin craze may pass and some sweet mining rigs may be cheap to get. ;)
And have a single player game that needs a server rack to work?

Or because network transfer speeds are faster than local drive transfer speeds?

Or to delay LT by another three years to implement the distributable computing?
Dude - I am joking.

:lol: I thought you were too, Lobosan. :)
Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 pm
jwmickelson wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:44 pm
Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:53 pm
Any chance we can hear a little more of the soundtrack by François, Josh? :angel:
Not that it's a democracy, but "I second this" :clap: Music goes so well with shineys.
Don't get the impression I didn't read your previous contribution, jwmickelson. I thought Baile nam Fonn did a good job of replying. I also enjoyed reading your words. :angel:
I second this. I found what you posted fascinating but didn't have anything special to add (other than "I found your post fascinating!" and hope Josh does too). (Also, I too would like to hear some more music from Francois. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Oh yeah.....and have a Windows notification every time a new colony is formed or a new system is/was discovered/colonized..........Maybe get an E-Mail. Fill my gmail server. lol.

Every time the A.I. explores a new system, a folder is created...... CreateDirectory("systemLV426") ...then get an email! or just look at the contents of your HD.

Come back from a long weekend with 40 million notifications!

Google Email asks if I 'really want to delete?' the 18 billion emails! lol

RedDwarfMining wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:18 am
Oh yeah.....and have a Windows notification every time a new colony is formed or a new system is/was discovered/colonized..........Maybe get an E-Mail. Fill my gmail server. lol.

Every time the A.I. explores a new system, a folder is created...... CreateDirectory("systemLV426") ...then get an email! or just look at the contents of your HD.

Come back from a long weekend with 40 million notifications!

Google Email asks if I 'really want to delete?' the 18 billion emails! lol
I don't agree with this idea of "filling" things. You should always use as little data/math/resources as you can without compromising integrity, and then probably a little less. Use of gigabytes of memory for anything but image assets and applications is absurd.
Also, if you have excessive numbers of notifications, they'll become meaningless and unwanted.

Yes...I was actually wondering if Cornflakes would figure out just how many E-mails could be sent in a day/hour/minute!

Think of the hard drive like a Petri dish ( a Petri Disc!) disk? hmmm...

I also would like to 3D print some cool space ship designs taken from the LT universe.....I'm relearning Blender and with 2.8 on the horizon...i'd like to start 3D printing. Cool to have a PCG(from LT)on my desk(or hanging from the ceiling)

RedDwarfMining wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:01 am
Yes...I was actually wondering if Cornflakes would figure out just how many E-mails could be sent in a day/hour/minute!
Too many factors i have no clue about for me to bother.
RedDwarfMining wrote:
Think of the hard drive like a Petri dish ( a Petri Disc!) disk? hmmm...
You are free to write your own self replicating software to block your harddisk.

RedDwarfMining wrote:
I also would like to 3D print some cool space ship designs taken from the LT universe.....I'm relearning Blender and with 2.8 on the horizon...i'd like to start 3D printing. Cool to have a PCG(from LT)on my desk(or hanging from the ceiling)
Then go learn how STL is formatted that you can write a converter at release?

astearon wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:47 am
Talvieno wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:42 pm

It's an awfully long joke, then. :ghost:
Psshhh, I've seen longer. :D
"That's what she said!" ? Ok, ill go back to my hole now.
I just burst out laughing in an empty room. I normally hate this joke, but this time you caught me totally by surprise.
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

Online Now