Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Josh] Friday, March 9, 2018

Would call something polished when it really is implemented, adapted to the new engine, tested that is work, number of critical bugs are reduced (0 hopefully) and useability has been improved in interations. What you call polished is more the conceptual side of some game play features as they have become much clearer by implementing them in the old engine but also their are quite some features which are still nebular.

I really couldn't argue if someone wanted to call Q3 2018 "insanely" optimistic. :D

But I do agree with Hyperion's observation that Josh's gameplay features -- as far as we've seen from the Prototype and the video dev diaries -- tend to to be pretty close to "done" (by the standards of mere mortals) in their initial implementations. As long as someone -- I'm looking at you, Pragmatist Josh -- is capable of saying, "OK, basic functionality works, on to the next core feature and we'll come back to this in the balancing and polish passes," then I think this team has a shot at a beta this year.

A long shot, yes. And those balancing and polish passes are the 80% that needs to be done after you finish the first 80% of developing a game.

So yeah, Q3 2018 for release is crazily optimistic. Q3/Q4 for beta, maybe.

But with no knowledge of what gameplay remains to be implemented and the status of those tasks, we're all just guessing.

I've only recently found this game again and have been reading through all the things I've missed between 2015 and now.

It looks like the games gone through many reworks to get it up to scratch and I can honestly say I am delighted.

I'm not a massive fan on single player games when you're destined to be the hero and save the world.
Having said that I really dislike multiple player games due to the amount of min/maxing people do instead of relaxing in the game and it makes me feel as if I have to do the same to keep up.

What I am seeing here is Limit Theory with -infinite- possibilities.

I'm a programmer by trade and the idea what I could player the core game and then mod it with my own ideas blows me away and makes this update far more important and special to me than any of the game player features.

Game play features are easy to development once you have a stable foundation (Engine) and a good set of tools to create content.

Keep up the amazing work. I'm introducing a few of my friends to this project who will be blown away by the capabilities.

Online Now