Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Josh] Friday, March 9, 2018

the full knowledge that whatever it is they do, it'll never be good enough for some.
Isn't that true for everyone at all times in every project regardless of field or industry?
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

BFett wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:38 pm
Hyperion wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:02 pm
the full knowledge that whatever it is they do, it'll never be good enough for some.
Isn't that true for everyone at all times in every project regardless of field or industry?
Yes.
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
ha ha ha ha ha
hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I nearly wet myself, so true!
:) :D :lol:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Grumblesaur wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:36 pm
Tycow wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:49 pm
Almost to the month mark... :(

I'm *really* hoping the silence from Josh, Lindsey and Adam is an indication of something. Maybe crunching to get something worth showing (i.e. game play) ready?
If I had a dollar for every time one of us here thought that, I could quit my day job.
Divide that among several of us and we could all quit our day jobs. :lol:

Personally, I'm fine with waiting. What's a couple days or weeks when we've waited years?

Honestly, I'd really like the next update to have enough gameplay implemented for us to finally have a video to show people this "game" we've been talking about for years but have only ancient footage to show them while we wring our hands and say "it's been a complicated and troubled development, but it's really being developed, I swear!" If that takes a few more days or a few more weeks, so be it. I'll only start getting worried if April goes by without a single devlog.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Grumblesaur wrote:
Tycow wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:49 pm
Almost to the month mark... :(

I'm *really* hoping the silence from Josh, Lindsey and Adam is an indication of something. Maybe crunching to get something worth showing (i.e. game play) ready?
If I had a dollar for every time one of us here thought that, I could quit my day job.
LOL - never a truer word spoken! :D
Image LT Backer Number: 647 of 5449.

Grumblesaur wrote:
If this were the case, you could use that dollar to pay for someone to actually make Limit Theory. :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Grumblesaur wrote:
Yup, this was my thinking before this dev log. The long wait, there must be something.

So I think I'll temper my expectations. At this point "Hey guys, we upgraded Notepad++" is what I'm expecting :D
Silverware wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:36 pm
If this were the case, you could use that dollar to pay for someone to actually make Limit Theory. :ghost:
lol.
Shoot ALL the things!

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:08 pm
Distant wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:06 pm
So I think I'll temper my expectations. At this point "Hey guys, we upgraded Notepad++" is what I'm expecting
:lol: I don't think this is the case, but I wouldn't mind an upgraded Notepad++. :ghost:
Don't joke, Notepad++ has had some really good updates recently and wonderful features added :)

I still find the tail function doesn't work reliably for tailing logs... but the author mentioned it's been updated recently so maybe it HAS been fixed and I just need to give it another go...

But Notepad++ aside, I will keep my expectations low for the next update. I think I was far to hyped from the trade show and thought there'd be "more". So if I don't expect much, it's hard to be disappointed. It also gives the upside of IF there's something substantial then I'm that much more excited. It's the right call!
Shoot ALL the things!

Goodness, if we're talking about getting paid to worry about LT now...I can retire four years ago as the most lucrative developer in the history of the universe!! :D :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope the (self-disclaimingly-underwhelming) log lives up to at least ~25% or so of expectation.
Distant wrote:
So I think I'll temper my expectations. At this point "Hey guys, we upgraded Notepad++" is what I'm expecting :D
We did seriously consider that for at least half a microsecond. Then I returned to vim :P
Hyperion wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:28 pm
Honestly, I'd really like the next update to have enough gameplay implemented for us to finally have a video to show people this "game" we've been talking about for years but have only ancient footage to show them while we wring our hands and say "it's been a complicated and troubled development, but it's really being developed, I swear!" If that takes a few more days or a few more weeks, so be it. I'll only start getting worried if April goes by without a single devlog.
I'm looking forward to that as well. I'd say that, realistically, we're probably about 1 to 1.5 months away from being able to show 'representative' video gameplay footage again. We will get back to that point, but of course, I will never again be spending 2 days out of the month making videos :roll: :oops:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:37 pm
Distant wrote:
We did seriously consider that for at least half a microsecond. Then I returned to vim :P
VIM is what I use when I can't be bothered setting up the SSH tunnels for Atom.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now