Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Lindsey] Friday, January 5, 2018

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:28 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 pm
You took three of the smallest images you could find, Corn. :lol: Wikia images do that a lot. Don't trust wikia images.
i think it hands over the wrong/no scaling parameter, the wikia stuff expects scaling factors.
Yeah, this is it. I don't know why they would do this... static scaling is much simpler to implement and much faster on the server side...

EDIT::
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

LindseyReid wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:32 am
QUICK everybody post your favorite capital ship (if you want to send me more than 1 then PM me please) (hyperion this means you)
A favorite? A SINGLE FAVORITE?! That's a really tough one, because my pinterest board has OVER 9000!

I can't pick a single favorite, But here, less than 1/3000th of my collection
Spoiler:      SHOW
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

I am not giving you anythin’

Cause I am unhappy. It is unfair. You make your magic again, and then you get in a mouseclick designs that look better that the one I spend hours sculpting in my 3D-soft. Unfair.
:cry:
:lol:
Of course this is a joke - I am so happy to see the wonderful procedural designs and cannot wait to see the capital ships!

To show I am not jalous (or only a little bit) let me share one design :mrgreen:

CSE, your ship is really cool, quite creative, moreso than many in my collection. I really can't wait to see what you'll make once you get your hands on those tools! :thumbup: :D Please, share more!

@Lindsey: Could your next devlog mention how long it takes you to go from rough concept of basic geometric forms to implementation of those forms in the code, and how long it takes to refine the parameters. I'm curious about how quickly any given form could be implemented from scratch, and whether the ship editor will have us editing a single ship, or if we can do what you're doing, editing the most basic core geometries and then be able to tweak them as our own procedural archetypes.

Also
Space whales anyone?
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

CSE & HowSerendipitous, y'all's designs are freakin bomb!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the LT ship editor!!! :000

And thank you to everybody for posting inspo ^^
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

LindseyReid wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:48 pm
CSE & HowSerendipitous, y'all's designs are freakin bomb!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the LT ship editor!!! :000

And thank you to everybody for posting inspo ^^
/me cracks the whip!
Back to Spaceships!
It's serious business!

:ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now