Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Lindsey] Friday, December 1, 2017

BFett wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:23 pm
Do I care? Should I care? Did you even read my last post? Honestly man, drop it.
Yes i read your post.

And where am i demanding justification for you being happy with unilluminated textures?
Im explicitly saying that thats fine! Like whatever you do!

Im just saying that people will see details on fighters. Regardless of them being fast.
So it definitely does matter how they are detailed.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm
BFett wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:23 pm
Do I care? Should I care? Did you even read my last post? Honestly man, drop it.
Yes i read your post.

And where am i demanding justification for you being happy with unilluminated textures?
Im explicitly saying that thats fine! Like whatever you do!

Im just saying that people will see details on fighters. Regardless of them being fast.
So it definitely does matter how they are detailed.
Yeah, I think you're right. Even if you're not interesting in goggling at you ship, dogfights in space shooters usually get very up close and personal; fighters may be moving quickly but relative to you, they won't be.

Especially if you're on their tail and trying to stick a missile of some sort up their backside :twisted:

MOAR ships from today.

Totally unrelated shameless self-promotion, tutorial on a water shader in Unity.

Also totally unrelated and just for fun, pictures of my cat Asmodeus. :3

PS devlog coming later today
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

Flatfingers wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:44 am
FormalMoss wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:37 pm
Lyndsey, you are awesome, keep up the great work 😀

100% accurate.

Actually, Lindsey, have you bumped into Sam Luangkhhot (@flarechess on Twitter) yet? She recently joined OtherSide Entertainment (the folks making the Ultima Underworld sequel) as community manager, but she's been fantastically supportive of creative folks connecting with each other.
I had not, am following her now ^^

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

LindseyReid wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Intro

After that, my devlogs will resume again on a normal two-week schedule on Friday, January 12th Friday, January 6th. (edit 12/18/17: yay earlier devlog!)
Hi Lyndsey,

I must say, you've an interesting calendar.. over here in Ireland, it says January 6th is a Saturday.. or maybe it's just the way days are created in the Julian calendar :D :lol: :ghost:

Derek
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:41 pm
LindseyReid wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Intro

After that, my devlogs will resume again on a normal two-week schedule on Friday, January 12th Friday, January 6th. (edit 12/18/17: yay earlier devlog!)
Hi Lyndsey,

I must say, you've an interesting calendar.. over here in Ireland, it says January 6th is a Saturday.. or maybe it's just the way days are created in the Julian calendar :D :lol: :ghost:

Derek
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FUCK
will change to Friday, January 5th X0

- Stephen Sondheim

Detritus wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:25 am
Talvieno wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:15 am
"Josh & Co. Cannot Tell Time"
Yet another thing to add to my signature. :mrgreen:
Adam may be the only one still connected to time here XD

- Stephen Sondheim

Online Now