Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Lindsey] Friday, December 1, 2017

I've seen both shiny emissive , and Pitch Black options for windows.
Personally I prefer the emissive ones.

But that could, trivially, be an option in the menu. Then you could have either, and everybody is happy!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:06 pm
As previously posted by Dino...
Spoiler:      SHOW
Don't make me make that my profile picture again Talvieno.
Josh'll haunt you if you do.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:01 pm
BFett wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 pm
Am I not entitled to my own opinion?
where did i attack your opinion?

i only attacked the argument you used to justify your opinion.
I'm pretty sure I didn't justify my opinion at all. I provided some explanation for my reasoning, but I did not intend nor write it in such a way as to have it appear that cockpit glow was a bad or undesirable thing. I was expressing that I personally don't think it's a necessary feature for the game. Josh's comments seem to indicate that it will be something fairly easy to do, and if that's the case then I have absolutely no issue with that.

I feel that I shouldn't have to write a paragraph to explain myself about such a small issue as my personal preference regarding a purely cosmetic part of the game. It's not worth arguing over and I'd prefer not to be pressed to continue to elaborate on a subject which honestly doesn't need elaboration.

TDRL; I like green, you like blue. No point in arguing the reasoning why.

BFett wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:55 pm
I'm pretty sure I didn't justify my opinion at all.
BFett wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 pm
I think small fighters are going to be moving far to quickly for anyone to notice that the window shine has changed.
you sure?

im not saying that you arent allowed to want non illuminated texturing :P

im just saying that nobody will see it anyway is less than likely :P

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:05 pm
BFett wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:55 pm
I'm pretty sure I didn't justify my opinion at all.
BFett wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 pm
I think small fighters are going to be moving far to quickly for anyone to notice that the window shine has changed.
you sure?

im not saying that you arent allowed to want non illuminated texturing :P

im just saying that nobody will see it anyway is less than likely :P
Do I care? Should I care? Did you even read my last post? Honestly man, drop it.

This may have already been asked, but are there any plans for there to be movable joints on ships? It would be cool to have rotating engine pods and stuff, and some of the ship designs posted would lend themselves nicely to having some of their shapes animate and rotate.

This ship, for example, would be a lot cooler if those prongs on the back spun around and adjusted themselves during flight to match your thruster activations. Totally understand if that isn't going to happen. :P
Libertas per Technica

Online Now