Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Josh] Monday, October 23, 2017

Hyperion wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:56 am
The super utilitarian headquarters of the major Earth trading company, Amazon. Nothing fancy, just a collection of cramped internal spaces.
:lol:
That was just low. Quite clearly I wasn't talking about headquarters, which any self-respecting space company would have on a specially bought planet, terrafromed to maximise the pleasures of the top management.

(It comes with blackjack and hookers, obviously).

Instead, what I was talking about is this.

And this

Hyperion wrote:
I think you misunderstand my grading system. The grades reflect the most abstract geometry the algorithm is capable of handling while still looking good and coherent. Meaning that if the algorithm can output stations that look like what i Graded a B, it should additionally be able to output stations that look like C, D, and F as well, and perhaps stations like C and D will be very common. Stations that look like A or A+ should imo exist, but definitely shouldn't be the only kind of station in LT :)
Ah, OK. Didn't quite get it. Still suffering from insomnia :(
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:15 am
And having obligatory mooring port for a battleship, and heavy armour, and heavy turrets,
I read this as "heavy turtles" at first, and for a second there was like woah, wrong universe buddy. :ugeek:
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

LindseyReid wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:50 am
outlander wrote:
And having obligatory mooring port for a battleship, and heavy armour, and heavy turrets,
I read this as "heavy turtles" at first, and for a second there was like woah, wrong universe buddy. :ugeek:
Now I'll have to learn Lua and add space turtles and space whales myself.

:monkey:

I wonder of space turtle soup tastes any good.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
and a single luxurious module for executives and the like.
Hyperion wrote:
The super utilitarian headquarters of the major Earth trading company, Amazon. Nothing fancy, just a collection of cramped internal spaces.
Spoiler:      SHOW
:lol:
Emphasis added for not getting the point :ghost:

edit: added spoiler tags to the fukkin huge image
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

will it be possible to have aliens in LT? or is it gonna be strictly humans...
living spaceships would be very cool. even whales would be a nice addition.
"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

Online Now