Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Thursday, August 31, 2017

It’s probably worth noting that Josh posted the Kickstarter on the 15th of September. So it’s not like we didn’t hear from Josh. So if we get a dev log this first week of October then... we’ll. Ok that’s still not great. But he hasn’t gone quiet.

I think we all agree here on the forums (those of us who still post here) that we would like our ~bi-weekly dev log updates. And Kickstarter doesn’t count :)

The updates from Adam even stopped. Which again kind of pushes me to think there’s SOMETHING brewing and we’re getting an interesting update next.

Or Josh will announce his c type implementation is 12% more efficient... please no.
Shoot ALL the things!

DigitalDuck wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:01 pm
To put that another way: you've already sold the game to (most of) us. You don't need to sell us the game in your updates. This is a matter of PR, not marketing - just let us know how it's going. Even if it's a three-word post that says, "Yup, still going!"
This is a very good way to put it. I think I might try describing it to him in this manner.
davidparadis wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:29 pm
I think we all agree here on the forums (those of us who still post here) that we would like our ~bi-weekly dev log updates.
I think it would be the healthiest option, yes.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

AdamByrd wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:15 am
davidparadis wrote:
The updates from Adam even stopped. Which again kind of pushes me to think there’s SOMETHING brewing and we’re getting an interesting update next.
Hey! I posted recently and I've been working on a longer draft since Wednesday! Calm down.
hmm, how about you step down from the pedestal that you have clambered up on instead?

We are all fans of the game. And the one that has something to "prove" is Josh and you guys.

Because IF someone has the balls to say that the community has not been there for Josh .....

ThermalSpan wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:34 am
Naed chill out, there's no need to be mean. I think you may have misinterpreted some humor for aggression.
Mean? I am merely saying what i mean. Have you heard a complaint from AdamByrd yet? Because i have not.

To the best of my knowledge there is a structure to the team that is working on LT.

If a person that is not very good at communication (and who normally shouldnt be communicating at all) decides to open their mouth. Am i supposed to give them a free pass when they stick their foot in their mouth?

I am sorry if you feel offended or otherwise feel that i am mean. I am just applying the same level of honesty to Adam that i would to Josh or Talvieno.

AdamByrd wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:15 am
davidparadis wrote:
Hey! I posted recently and I've been working on a longer draft since Wednesday! Calm down.
Hey Adam, I found your comment funny so no worries. I should have said “I haven’t seen a comment since...” to be clear that I could have missed it. I’ve only been able to check from mobile lately so I’m probably missing all sorts of stuff.

My original point was that I don’t think Kickstarter updates are the same as dev log updates... at least for me.

I think we’re getting a little heated in here and that’s to bad :( I don’t want to pick on you and Josh when you’re clearly working. Hope we hear from you guys soon.
Shoot ALL the things!

davidparadis wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:01 am

I think we’re getting a little heated in here and that’s to bad :( I don’t want to pick on you and Josh when you’re clearly working. Hope we hear from you guys soon.
Seconded.
:clap:

Lighten up guys, they'll update.. dare I say it.. soon? :ghost:

Oops, scrub that, just saw Adam posted a whopper of a nugget of info, excellent :ghost:
Thanks Adam! :D :D :D

Edit: Clicked quote instead of Edit - sorry mods.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

I apologize for the tension caused by my poor skills at regular updating. Let's all mind the friendly-fire since we're on the same team. I'm working to get better at regularity, which has, admittedly, been a problem for years now. I appreciate everyone maintaining the tremendously 'nice' feeling of these forums in the mean time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: compared to many (most?) places on the internet, this place is one of the most polite and thoughtful that I've seen. Let's all do our part in keeping it that way :) (and for my part, getting those blasted devlogs out in a timely manner... :ghost: )
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford

JoshParnell wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:27 pm
I apologize for the tension caused by my poor skills at regular updating. Let's all mind the friendly-fire since we're on the same team. I'm working to get better at regularity, which has, admittedly, been a problem for years now. I appreciate everyone maintaining the tremendously 'nice' feeling of these forums in the mean time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: compared to many (most?) places on the internet, this place is one of the most polite and thoughtful that I've seen. Let's all do our part in keeping it that way :) (and for my part, getting those blasted devlogs out in a timely manner... :ghost: )
Goodness Josh, I have great respect for you and your consistent respectful attitude. I'm glad you openly recognize your flaws and are willing to accept feedback from us. If you ever need anything just let me know. Thanks for all the time you have spent and will continue to spend on the development updates. They help boost moral and discussion within the community.

I honestly never realized just how long it took you to write an update. A full hour, wow.

Online Now