Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Thursday, August 31, 2017

:think: Josh was quite keen on satisfying the need for mining voiced by Matt (from the EC ) in the earlier days of the project. I'd be surprised if it wasn't an important part of the finished LT game.

Of course, that was before the days when mining became a significant part of Star Citizen. Perhaps with the acquisition of an Orion mining ship, Matt has found what he wanted. :angel:

Wow LT is still a thing gdhfjfoudhsbd yesssssss, been reading for hours.

Build out the system by which resources are generated on colonies and asteroids, and then asteroid mining, so then we can craft stuff. I miss the days of theorycrafting economic systems.

Or make Shawns work on colonies a reality. I'd love some info on the final math in place for colony resource output and the methods for interacting with colonies.

Or maybe station economy simulations!

Nebula's are cool too though.

AdamByrd wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:13 am
That's the last UI thing for a while I think. Next I'm looking to implement a more serious gameplay feature. So I'm taking votes! Let me know what you think would be a good foundational piece of gameplay to implement.
i have a few suggestions.....

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 am
I'm glad stuff is happening but not too glad the (bi)weekly devlog is falling into being montlhy... don't repeat past mistakes and all that.
For once, I disagree. Adam made a short update on september 14th (linky). It just did not get its own thread, but was pretty much two weeks after the last one.
Next one is due soon, though...

You're doing a wonderful job instilling confidence as the community manager saying things like that ;)

But then again, it's not like we honestly didn't expect this, and merely hoped for consistency. But we know that things are happening, so we're good...ish.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Ya, but at the same time, I think we'd like to see more of Pragmatic Josh?
Just to be mindful that it doesn't have to be all perfect, and we'll definitely excuse any roughness around the edges for a more regular-ish update?
Then it's just a small step to update the backers. :D

Another thought about this; would, were it possible, Josh could send Talv periodic notes or small updates, so he could display them on here?
The idea is that when Lil'T becomes, Josh may show similar tendencies towards regular updates, and he may truly be unindated without a regular "update plan".
Kind of like a diary, but specific to LT.

I'm sure Josh could power up the Powerpoint presentation with LT and create a word processor to do so.
#Hint

Just my 0.10 cents.
;)

Edit: Punctuation! :o
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Has anyone confirmed that Adam is indeed a real person, and not just a second personality that Josh developed to be really good at certain technical aspects of coding? Like an alter ego he developed to protect himself so he could work on nebula's.

What if this is actually the dark days again, it's just that Josh has gone so far off the deep end that he now has multiple personalities...

Not serious at all. I have a dark sense of humor. Honestly I'm really impressed at the progress that was made, and continues to be made, and also with the rebound in Joshs health. From the shattering, to having a team, delegation, active involvement in the community...

I gotta tell you guys, as someone who just read all the past many months in pretty quick succession, I'm impressed!

Well we can't rule it out completely until we get pictures :lol:

And it's good to see you again Myname, your economic mind will be appreciated. You should get on IRC :)
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:04 pm
Has anyone confirmed that Adam is indeed a real person, and not just a second personality that Josh developed to be really good at certain technical aspects of coding? Like an alter ego he developed to protect himself so he could work on nebula's.

What if this is actually the dark days again, it's just that Josh has gone so far off the deep end that he now has multiple personalities...

Not serious at all. I have a dark sense of humor. Honestly I'm really impressed at the progress that was made, and continues to be made, and also with the rebound in Joshs health. From the shattering, to having a team, delegation, active involvement in the community...

I gotta tell you guys, as someone who just read all the past many months in pretty quick succession, I'm impressed!
I know you aren’t being serious, but of all the times our boy Josh has refered to himself in the third person it’s not completely off the scope of possibly.
My Signature

I can at least confirm Adam is real. :P Well... unless Josh has the incredible ability to control two players in Rocket League at once. We had a "devteam game afternoon" a couple months back. Unfortunately I arrived late, so I only caught the last few games, but it was the three of us (Josh, Adam, and myself) against the advancing hordes. Adam's actually pretty good... especially relative to Josh's skills (and my own).
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now