Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Hyperion wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:36 pm
Victor, you'll get your cockpits, i'm 100% sure of it.
BFett wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:38 pm
I've tasked Slymodi with making them. If he doesn't I'm sure others will be able to.

/me remembers his LT cockpit mock-up.
N810 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:16 pm
Hmmmm... :problem:
Spoiler:      SHOW
ImageImage
This is why I have deep affection for this Community. :D
IronDuke wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:26 pm
the diamond ponies of Rembrandt. :(
Spoiler:      SHOW
--IronDuke
They form part of a half remembered discussion from way back concerning Easter eggs in the game, ;) :angel:

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:02 am
BFett wrote:
I've tasked Slymodi with making them. If he doesn't I'm sure others will be able to.
And does Sly know about this? :ghost:
Yep, Sly and I have talked about it several times on IRC. I wouldn't volunteer someone for a task if I hadn't already spoken with them. Sheesh, who do you think I am, a notorious bounty hunter or something?

BFett wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:14 am
Yep, Sly and I have talked about it several times on IRC. I wouldn't volunteer someone for a task if I hadn't already spoken with them. Sheesh, who do you think I am, a notorious bounty hunter or something?
Excellent, in that case I hope he's more dutiful in this than in posting his REKT turns :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Flatfingers wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:46 am
Possibly worth noting that this is emphatically NOT the same thing as Frontier completely dropping support for offline/solo play from Elite: Dangerous versus what they promised in their Kickstarter pitch.

That decision was also justified as being a hard choice regarding a difficult technical challenge. But where Braben & Co. just gave up, Josh hasn't. I won't be surprised to see LT running on Macs very shortly after v1.0 is released.
There are other differences too. This hasn't been done a few weeks before release despite any response to concerns regarding online play being met with "there will be an offline mode too".

I also don't believe that FD even tried to implement an offline mode, whereas I have full faith that Josh intended (and still intends) for an OSX release to happen, just that it will come later.

I hope that unlike the ED scenario, this is seen as a delay rather than an abandonment.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

Online Now