Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Other than a few years when I was very young, yeah, I've pretty much always been 30.

The loss of cuteness is a global phenomenon, though. It, like many aspects of youth, isn't valued until it's gone.

We really do live our lives backwards. How much nicer it would be to be born old, infirm, and ignorant of the world; then as we grow in knowledge and wealth also gain the health to enjoy them!

This message brought to you by not having more Official info to chew on. ;)
Re: Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:49 pm
My guess is we'll see one on Monday, now that Josh has gotten into the (healthier) habit of not working on weekends.
You have to have downtime, it's a fact of human existence. Imagine trying to live without sleep, ever. Cycles and rhythms are part of our nature. If you don't take a break and do other things regularly, then you can't work at the same peak efficiency and with the same effort.

It also helps to refocus the mind, from a big-picture perspective. It's a little like stepping back and looking at the project as a whole, rather than as individual tasks. You can overwhelm yourself with a plethora of tasks, but when looking at the proverbial forest, you aren't bothered by the fact it has millions of trees - you simply appreciate the forest and imagine how you could shape it better.

Online Now