Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Logging the Creation of a Beast -- the Good, the Bad, and the Template Metaprogramming.

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby Dinosawer » Tue May 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Tal's real name is Nathan, yes. It's a publicly kept secret :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5820
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby Silverware » Tue May 16, 2017 3:40 pm

It's not hard to figure out either.
JoshParnell wrote:Hiring Nathan as CM

Image

:ghost:
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2966
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby JanB1 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Silverware wrote:It's not hard to figure out either.
JoshParnell wrote:Hiring Nathan as CM

Image

:ghost:


Yeeeah. I know. But there was another person in red. Dunno. I was not quite sure there Silver! Cut me some slack! XD
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby Silverware » Tue May 16, 2017 4:05 pm

JanB1 wrote:Yeeeah. I know. But there was another person in red. Dunno. I was not quite sure there Silver! Cut me some slack! XD


No Slacks are for Jacks!
Image
Image
User avatar
Silverware
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2966
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:23 pm
Location: Goattown-Three, Sigma Six, Goat Space

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby JanB1 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Silverware wrote:
JanB1 wrote:Yeeeah. I know. But there was another person in red. Dunno. I was not quite sure there Silver! Cut me some slack! XD


No Slacks are for Jacks!


Phew. Good that I'm not a Jack, but a Jan. :ghost:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby Jazehiah » Tue May 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Many hands make light work. Many minds make for long arguments.
In all seriousness, this is pretty big and important. A fresh set of eyes can be a very good thing when problem solving.
User avatar
Jazehiah
Commander
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 am
Location: East Coast United States of America, Planet Earth, Earth-Moon System, Solar System, Local Group...

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby JFSOCC » Tue May 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Holy shit Josh, that's great!
JFSOCC
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 pm

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby BFett » Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm

This is indeed very exciting. I hope they work out for you!
User avatar
BFett
Vice Admiral
 
Posts: 2504
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:44 pm
Location: A galaxy far far away

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby will86c » Tue May 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Just please please please make sure IF you bring in the intern and/or other developer you cover your bases legally as far as who owns the code/methods/intellectual property and what their compensation may be. I would hate to see someone try and take a chunk of the ownership away or slap some kind of crazy DMCA suit on you and mess up the game. Get everything in writing and have it notarized.
will86c
Recruit
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby JanB1 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:51 am

will86c wrote:Just please please please make sure IF you bring in the intern and/or other developer you cover your bases legally as far as who owns the code/methods/intellectual property and what their compensation may be. I would hate to see someone try and take a chunk of the ownership away or slap some kind of crazy DMCA suit on you and mess up the game. Get everything in writing and have it notarized.

^
I strongly endorse this!
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby Dinosawer » Wed May 17, 2017 1:03 am

Indeed!
An example normal software contract isn't hard to come by, no reason not to be safe.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5820
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby JanB1 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 am

Dinosawer wrote:Indeed!
An example normal software contract isn't hard to come by, no reason not to be safe.


There's a template for nearly EVERYTHING out there. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
User avatar
JanB1
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Europe

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby Dinosawer » Wed May 17, 2017 5:44 am

Aye, I can give you one right here:


contract wrote:ALL YOUR CODE ARE BELONG TO US
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
User avatar
Dinosawer
Admiral
 
Posts: 5820
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:08 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby Just_Ice_au » Wed May 17, 2017 8:06 am

A new challenger!

Fight!
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."
User avatar
Just_Ice_au
Moderator
 
Posts: 1539
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Postby DWMagus » Wed May 17, 2017 11:43 am

Silverware wrote:No! Seriously!
Image


...I think someone else's avatar might be changed in the near future. :mrgreen:
Image
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
User avatar
DWMagus
Moderator
 
Posts: 5091
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:25 pm
Location: Denver, CO, United States

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Logs



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Mike and 2 guests