Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#76
Hema wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 am
"You know Bill, it's that sort of thinking that makes you a joy to work with.
Always were the cautious type.
Now, while I doubt those lowly ruffians could bring to bear enough for to be a threat to a group as skilled as ours, it never hurts to be cautious.
Let's approach the fellow, and see what we can do."
Smirk
Hema wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 am
Once we're withing comfortable talking distance of the figure, speak to them.
"Excuse me! We're here hunting a criminal believed to be fairly dangerous, and we don't want word of our presence here to get out.
I'm prepared to pay 200 plat if you'll keep quiet about seeing us.
What do you say?"
Do a subtle double take at Brom, confused, think to myself:

"What? Oh, damn it, I meant fill them with tin, not their fukcin' pockets! Eh, guess this could work, too. It's his tin, after all, so I ain't payin' nothin'."

Speak up and play the part:

"N' maybe you happened to see this feller we're lookin' for?"

Realize that we didn't actually settle on who our "target" is, and just start describing the first "dangerous" person I can think of:

"He's ugh, yay big:"

Put my hand at around 1.8m

"Skinny feller, brown hair I think, n' has one of 'em fancy, tidied-up inner-worl'er beards. N' he always talkin' like he just dun' run a mile, I've heard it sounds kind of annoying. Very dangerous, wanted for ugh, terrorism, war crimes, robbin' banks, murder, arson n' jaywalkin'."

And no, my character does not know what jaywalking is, but it sounds mighty dangerous and evil to him, surely

"If you dun' seen him, it ain't no problem, but you'd be doin' the galaxy a favor if you'd help us find this evil miscretin!"

For the record, my character's overall demeanor towards this person depends upon what species they are, if they are:
a) Human - be genuinely friendly, and give them 100 plat afterwards unless they have been antagonistic towards us
b) One of the more likable alien species (so, Tachika and Plodii, as far as I recall) - be relaxed, perhaps even a bit friendly, but not overtly so
c) Any other non-squid alien/their species isn't apparent due to masks - fake friendliness, with a subtle undertone of "you better not try and screw us over, dipshit"
d) Squid - mistrustful, serious and vaguely hostile


if at any point we are attacked:
-Leap for cover (if I've perceived any)
-Hit any hostiles that come into melee range with my baton, not exceeding my max uses
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Mon May 27, 2019 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#77
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:43 pm
Anyway, we're here now, soooooo..."
If people seem to agree, I head to 'KELZZIDE'S COMMUNICATION STATION' and enquire inside when there's someone not buys with other customers
"Hi, em, so... that speaker outside - no distance too far - is that for real or marketing?"
[IC]Frank[/IC]

'I don't think this will take too long, so better to strike one thing off the list, no?'


Sneeze, all of a sudden.
Follow Saoirse into the location and look around curiously
Keep close by, just in case.
If she's about to get to the message-y part of the whole thing, keep discrete distance.
It's probably personal, after all?



((
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:42 am
"Skinny feller, brown hair I think, n' has one of 'em fancy, tidied-up inner-worl'er beards. N' he always talkin' like he just dun' run a mile, I've heard it sounds kind of annoying. Very dangerous, wanted for ugh, terrorism, war crimes, robbin' banks, murder, arson n' jaywalkin'."
He- he didn't just? He did, did he? :shock: He seriously did! :lol: You are a sneaky man, Hap! A sneaky, awesome man of a person! XD))
Last edited by F4wk35 on Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#78
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:43 pm
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
I throw a longing look at the comms shop, and back at the rest of the group.
"The markets are close to the hangar, where we need to go once we're going to do a legger. So perhaps we can bring some noodles from there on the way, I think the shortest route leads us there anyway. Though that one also goes through 'the hole" which is "dangerous to outsiders."
Anyway, we're here now, soooooo..."


"Yeah, I'm not too sure going through the Hole is a good idea. That just seems like inviting an incident. I figure we can hit the markets for whatever stuff we need, hit the Tanker to find some work, and if we need out we can go from the downtown area to the docks and then to the hangar. Should be safer, at least on paper.

Might as well head to the comms station first though, since it's right here."

I head with Saoirse to the comms station. Once there, I look around the place. While Saoirse is inquiring with the employees, I idly browse around but attempt to keep an eye on people coming in.
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#82
Turn 3
  Sukava and Vynkor watch Ishmael idly, turning their heads to track him as he floats overhead, flailing like a cat in a bathtub. After he drifts over a low wall and beyond their immediate line of sight, Sukava turns to Vynkor and asks, "So, should we go inside?"
  Vynk considers this for a moment. "I figure it'd be easier to get there unnoticed on the external hull... as long as we don't go in front of any windows."
  Agreeing with this sentiment, Sukava follows Vynkor carefully across the hull, one mag-boot step at a time, in what is surely the slowest and most ponderous traveling either of them have done in a long, long time...

~~~

  Meanwhile, Downtown...

  Frank pats Bob on the arm, trying to comfort him, but Bob shirks away grumpily. "Come on, Bob," Frank says, trying to console him. "I'm sure we'll find some ice cream for you somewhere, big guy!"
  "No!" Bob grumps, wrenching his arm away. "Bob no like this place! Jimmy no like this place neither!"
  The four inmates have stopped near the edge of Downtown's main boulevard - a long, wide, high-ceilinged corridor - roughly three stories high. The upper floors overhang the lowest shops, creating a veranda, with balconies and walkways leading into other shops and facilities on the higher floors - most of them abandoned. The ceiling itself is old, rusty, cobwebbed, and strewn with various pipes and structural beams. One section in particular looks like it's been exposed to a fire, with blackened soot covering the edges; a similar streak covers the upper shopfronts near it. All in all, this place was almost certainly never beautiful... although it probably used to look a lot nicer.
  Up until this point, Fireteam Beta has been rushing around so fast that they haven't had a chance to get a good look at their surroundings. Now they stand almost captivated by the sights, the aliens, and the echoing cacophony of the busy mall - at least until a big, burly four-armed creature lumbers past them, casting a nasty look in their direction. It shakes them from their thoughts, and they start coming up with their plans.
  "So," Frank begins hesitantly, poking at his PDA's map. "The comm station's here... the markets... the tanker, and merc central. The fastest way to the market cuts through the corner of the palace, though." Frank isn't sure whether it actually goes through the palace or over it, but he'd rather not assume the latter and be wrong. "Perhaps the long way around would be worth consideration?"
  Saoirse, getting uncomfortably close, peers over Frank's shoulder. "Hmm... The shortest other route leads us through 'The Hole', which is 'dangerous to outsiders'."
  Pitching in his two cents, Caleb agrees, "Yeah, I'm not too sure going through the Hole is a good idea. That just sounds like inviting an incident."
  "Sounds like no ice cream," Bob adds, muttering. "No work, no ice cream. No good."
  Caleb ignores this interruption. "Might as well head to the comms station first, as it's right here."

  Everyone seems to agree on this plan, so they start listening again for the advertisement. During this time, several hiltorel individuals take note of them, eyeing them warily. The inmates do their very best to appear inconspicuous and as "normal" as possible - like they're waiting for someone. Bob continues to grump about ice cream, and is growing slowly more agitated. They came all this way and there's no ice cream? What kind of dirty aliens wouldn't even eat ice cream? It's absurd - heretical, even.
  It feels like hours, but it's really only five or so minutes before they hear the advertisement again. In a flurry of haste, they start towards it - this takes them up one of the stairwells on the side of the plaza, past a number of abandoned shops with broken windows or welded-shut doors, and through a wide, doorless opening into a relatively busy area on the "second floor". "Welcome to Kelzzide's Communication Station!" an automated voice greets them grandly as they step over the threshold. But the area itself is so far from being grand that the greeting falls mostly flat.
  It's a grimy area - dim and clearly hadn't been cleaned in a long time. The lights are a dim yellow-orange that cast dark shadows around corners and through the perforated metal ceiling above, which rattles as patrons walk across it, either going to or from one of the many holobooths in the multi-level room. It's not full 3d-holo, either - a better description would be 2.5d: it uses a small array of cameras directly in front of the user to imitate their face - but it only works from the front. If you view it from too far to the side, it begins to look extremely distorted. Many of the booths are closed - dark and taped over, or removed from the floor entirely. Still, the fact that something so advanced exists here feels... almost out of place, especially compared to the tech level in the rest of the station; it's a clear relic of Fuhodo's wealthier past.
  Saoirse has a question - but who should she ask? Scattered among the various patrons are a small handful of individuals that just might be staff - they wear a sort of uniform and carry toolkits about with them: short, bulbous-headed gray aliens. Something about them - whether it's their large heads, spindly arms, or deep eyes - feels unsettling.
  A voice shakes them from their reverie. "Hello!" It comes from a desk on the left side of the room. As one, the inmates walk cautiously up to said desk, behind which stands a tall, glittery, snail-like alien. Orange-yellow light filters through his (or her) gelatinous body and delicate gossamer clothing, casting light like a myriad of tiny pastel rainbows. "Ahem," the creature vocalizes, shaking its head and making the feathery fronds about its face dance. Its voice sounds throaty; almost musical. "Welcome! May I assist you fine people?"
  Bob steps forward immediately. "Where is ice cream? Give ice cream."
  "I'm sorry," the alien says. "I don't understand your request. We only send messages here."
  The big guy cracks his knuckles. "Bob good at sending messages too," he says as a threat, narrowing his eyes. The alien refuses to be baited and merely nods in understanding.
  Frank and Caleb try to get Bob to shut up, while Saoirse nervously steps forward. "Hi, erm... so..." Her voice catches in her throat as she gets lost in the being's gentle eyes. "I, uh... aherm." The creature behind the desk - a plodus, if memory serves the inmates - watches patiently without making a sound.
  While Saoirse stammers incomprehensibly, Frank is starting to feel more and more conspicuous. Although he doesn't actually notice anyone staring when he looks around, he can't shake the feeling that there are multiple sets of eyes watching his group suspiciously. He notices when the receptionist glances over at one of the other staff members; the feathery fronds about its face undulate rhythmically for a moment. As Frank watches out of the corner of his eye, the plodus's fellow employee makes a discreet hand motion as if in response and heads through a door at the back of the room.
  Finally, the poor girl gets her thoughts together. "So, uh... That speaker outside... sorry, but uh... is that for real, or just shitty marketing? I mean, uh - not that your marketing is shitty - I'm just wondering if you're lying. Wait - I mean not you - I'm sure you're just an employee, but you know... if the store is lying. Wait! - I mean, uh, not lying, per se, but uh... oh, dear."
  The plodus smiles wisely. "It's all right," it says soothingly. "If you're here, rather than at the cheaper communications labs in Merc Central, that most likely means you're here for our holobooth package. Kelzzide's Communication Station will instantly connect you to any connected holotell station you desire within the Arimia star cluster, for the low, low price of 450 plat - a better price than you will find anywhere else on the station. Additional charges may apply for lengthy holotells of course. If necessary, we will record your message and attempt to send it periodically until the recipient marks it as received, or until three months from the date of recording. We have additional packages that you may be interested in, if you would like to hear about them." The plodus inclines his head gently in askance.

~~~

  Fireteam Alpha had just entered the station through a dark maintenance accessway beneath the Nemesis and was just about to start towards the docks when they noticed an alien figure some 200 meters in, working at the wall by the light of an electric lantern. Killshot quickly grabs his teammates and drags them to a halt, pointing at the individual, and mentally formulates a plan. Talking loudly, he says, "I'm beginning to think the information our contact provided may be faulty, Bill - that someone tipped Clooney and his goons off. Had we stuck with my hunches, we'd be collecting our payment by now!"
  Billy the Butcher looks at Brom like he's lost his mind (which perhaps he has). "Who the fuc-" Suddenly it all clicks into place: Brom's just acting. "Oh, right! Clooney! Yeah, yeah, that piece 'o shit."
  "What do you think about that fellow ahead? Do you think he might have seen our target?"
  Cautiously, the Butcher shakes his head. "Maybe we should give 'im some tin to keep 'im quiet?" He glances about, taking in the surroundings, just in case of a firefight. The tunnel they're in, dug straight through the rock, is layered with rows of thick, insulated electrical cabling, and some pipes that might be carrying some kind of hydraulic fluid. Moving those massive robotic clamps can't be an easy task, after all, so it rather makes sense - but unfortunately, it also means that the passage is cramped to begin with. There aren't any places to hide - but there also aren't any places to find cover, either.
  "You know, Bill," Killshot says slowly, "that sort of thinking makes you a joy to work with. Always were the cautious type... and it never hurts to be cautious. Let's approach the fellow, and see what we can do."
  The group approaches the lone alien cautiously, hands hovering gently near their holsters, just in case. Killshot is prepared to go for his pistol, the Butcher for his baton, and Hammerhead for his laser pistol. As they approach, they discern that the figure is most definitely an alien - a short one with a particularly wide, ugly head ringed with eyes and sparsely spaced bristle-like hairs - he literally has eyes on (or near, at least) the back of his head, and even despite facing away, he sees the figures as they approach, and grows tense. He chatters something out in an alien language, revealing a mouthful of row upon row of wild, fanglike teeth: "Horii! Kakiih jalan af sifin tonko hake? Kikash efol fyssiki!"
  The Butcher is visibly disturbed by this display, and grinds his teeth uncomfortably. Killshot, on the other hand, takes charge and responds - in Galactic Standard. "Excuse me! We're here hunting a criminal."
  "...eh?" The creature picks up a wrench as the mercenaries close the gap and come to a stop, seemingly nervous around these unexpected visitors. "hun-ting crim-ee-nal?" The accent is so thick it scarcely sounds like Galactic.
  Billy Butcher nods, trying to fight his instincts to shoot the damn monster as he explains, "Yeah, 'e's about... yay high," holding his hand at about 1.8 meters from the ground. "Skinny feller, brown hair I think, 'n' has one of them fancy, tidied-up inner worl'er beards. He's always talkin' like he jus' dun run a mile, heard it sounds kinda annoying." He's describing Frank, of course. The Butcher still hasn't quite settled his score with the man, after all. "Very dangerous! He's wanted for, uh... um. Terrorism, war crimes, robbin' banks, murder, arson, and, uh... jaywalking, too." The Butcher shudders at the thought of whatever heinous act that could be, and then shudders again at the heinous appearance of the alien - comical though it is. "You'd be doin' the galaxy a favor if you'd help us find this evil miscretin!" (Perhaps he meant "miscreant", but then, the alien probably wouldn't have understood either way.)
  "Iba!" The engineer says, clearly wracking his brain for words in Galactic. "Ah... no. Ro - I, ah, I ... ay-lone here, look at power." He points his wrench at the fixture embedded in the wall - some kind of transformer panel. "No see crim-ee-nal... here. This place no go. You not can be here!" His beady eyes "telescope" outwards as he peers suspiciously at the mercenaries, giving the appearance that some kind of worm is trying to burst through the surface from inside. It is extremely unsettling, especially to the Butcher, whose hand creeps slightly closer to his baton. "I need tell... hmm. Ro binahii anuira ifar tvanir tifoso. Ikavab hekara krabini..." the alien mutters, reaching for a button-covered panel on the wall next to him.
  "The criminal we're hunting is believed to be fairly dangerous, and we don't want word of our presence here to get out." Killshot says hastily. He pulls out the 200-plat stack from earlier out of the pouch at his waist. "I'm prepared to pay 200 plat if you'll keep quiet about seeing us. What do you say?"
  The alien hesitates for a moment, seeming very reluctant; his beady eyes move from the wall panel, to the plat, to the inmates, to the guns in their holsters. The Butcher's has already closed around the handle of his baton. Finally, the alien sighs, reaches forward, and takes the plat with a slight grin. It looks hideous in the lanternlight. "I no see you. Never did, shisci?" The mechanic pockets the plat, and nearly turns back to his work when he suddenly asks, "What is name? To dan-ger-ous crim-ee-nal?"

~~~

  Ishmael resigns himself to the FSM's guidance. What will happen, will happen. This is simply a test of character and judgment, the same as any other. There isn't anything he can do until he lands, anyway... and it doesn't look like it will be that long until it happens.
  From this angle, Fuhodo shows its age quite plainly. Although the station glitters with windows, most of them are dark and abandoned. The hull is patched over haphazardly in places - dull metal speckles the station, welded to patches of even duller metal, welded to patches of duller metal still - possibly the result of small meteor impacts. The station smells sharply of an operation that wasn't intended to last beyond its completion, and wasn't planned well from the beginning.
  Up ahead, the tall, cold shape of Merc Central looms: an elongated cylinder with various walkway tubes protruding from the sides, and an uneven upper roof that looks like it has been structurally expanded time and time again. From the look of it, he's going to just miss one of the protruding walkways and splat onto the extruding wall behind it. This, of course, is not acceptable; going at this velocity, it would probably hurt a fair deal - not to mention that he would almost certainly rebound from it and fall slowly to the asteroid surface below. From there, without any metal surfaces to hold onto, getting back would take forever - possibly longer than he has. "FSM helps those that help themselves," Ishmael breathes, and readies his plasma lashes, gripping them in his hands. They uncoil themselves under his light grip, rolling and flicking outwards gently into space in resposne to his will.
  As the walkway drifts close enough, Ishmael whips one of his lashes outwards, coiling the tip tightly around a protruding pipe, and gives it a solid yank; it comes loose and twists at an angle, but nevertheless his momentum changes sharply, sending him curving around the pivot point in an arc and sloping him towards the asteroid's surface on one side, free of the buildings. With his second lash, he grabs onto a think antenna on the tunnel's edge, immediately releasing the first; he curves down, around, and under the walkway at ever-increasing speeds as he tugs himself along. It's starting to get a little dangerous. The ground below him turns from asteroid to sky as he swings back around, flying upside-down with Merc Station ahead of him - and with one final lash and strong tug he jerks himself down towards a lower rooftop. It's going to be a rough landing at this speed, he knows; he curls up and braces himself for the rolling impact. Be the meatball... be the meatball.
  Moments later, he touches down on the rooftop with a resounding thud that can almost certainly be heard within, tumbling and rolling. He flips his whips outwards, and at the slightest sensation of a tug he coils the ends tight around the nearest protrusion, and his little trip comes to an abrupt stop.
  The priest lays still for a moment, panting. It's been a long time since he's exerted himself quite like that - perhaps too many bowls of ramen. But it's no matter. A little shakily, he lumbers to his feet and looks around.
  This little rooftop is almost completely in shadow from Nanyej, the star, with the docks blocking the light from above. He seems to be standing on a private landing pad. There are several other terraces with landing pads lower down; one of these contains a small fighter craft. It is peaceful out here, at least. There are windows on the wall nearby at eye level; even from this distance, Ishmael can make out the shape of people moving around within, possibly sitting at a table. It might be a bar or pub, for all he knows.
  There's a hatch on one corner of the rooftop, although it looks like it might be a little difficult to open. Further down, on the next terrace step, there seems to be an actual airlock entrance. It seems to be an easier path - or could be, depending on whether it's guarded. There are options, if nothing else. The FSM provides.
  Then, out of the corner of his eye, he spots a suited figure approaching him cautiously, weapon at the ready. Things could be about to get interesting...

~~~

  After a painfully long expedition across the surface of Fuhodo - during which, repeatedly, they almost lost their footing and floated off the rooftops, and at least twice were almost sighted by patrolling ships - Vynkor and Sukava arrive at their destination: the palaces.
  This is where they realize they've made a terrible mistake: The palaces are entirely underground. There's actually no way to enter them from up here. The two inmates are understandably frustrated at this. So much for trying to enter through a back door.
  It actually makes sense, though, in retrospect. If the palaces were supposed to be a well-guarded area, why would you want there to be easy access points from the outside? Nevertheless, the two women are going to have to come up with some other way in.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#85
Praised be our Lord!

Slowly walk towards the approaching figure, trying to look as non-threatening as possible. Show empty hands to demonstrate I mean no harm. Try to call the figure over the short-range comms:

"I am sorry to intrude, esteemed guardian. I would have never done that if I had any control over my flight. You see, we - me, and some friends - we've had a little...disagreement...over there at the docks..."

Wave towards the far end of the docks.

"It went a bit over the edge, you see, and well...orbital mechanics made me land here. Which is quite nice, as Merc Central was the place I wanted to go to, in any case."


Use my Charisma Amp to gently prod the figure towards accepting what I say.

If you'd be so kind as to show me how I could leave this area and enter the Merc Central proper, I'd be very grateful. I have some...friends...to find."
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#86
Talvieno wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm
"What is name? To dan-ger-ous crim-ee-nal?"
As I'm already pulling away from this creepy alien, just offhandedly blurt out:

"Frank, duh"

Stop in my tracks and realize that that might come back and bite me in the ass, so turn around partly and elaborate:

"Frank duh, ugh, the Janitor! Folks say whenever he goes somewhere, that place's gonna get cleaned up real mighty of all who did bad by him."

Pause for a second, satisfied with my improvised nickname. However, quickly turn annoyed at the fact that I just gave Frank an actually pretty cool nickname (in my eyes), and backpedal

"It's just an alias, anyway, not like he's goin' to be usin' his real name 'round here, n' they're always puffed up to just sound badass without bein' true. Probably ain't nearly as tough as people say! I'd like to see him talk shit in front of me, fight him in a proper fight! Just don't mention him to anyone, we've been huntin' this bastard for years, wouldn't want no one else stealin' our bounty now, would we?"
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#87
[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:05 pm
"We could back up, find the nearest airlock, then approach the palace from inside the station? Less suspicious, too, I think."
"Yeah, that's what I was thinking."
I go towards the market and look for an airlock on the way.
Once found, I attempt to open it normally.
If that fails, I access the manual override.
Once inside (assuming I do get inside), I go to the palaces through the interior of the station.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#88
[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
I try to calm down a bit and stop stuttering. Try. And quickly come up with a story.
"Now, I, em, didn't really know t-there was another comms station, it's our first visit here. B-but given yer infrastructure here, it's more likely ye can help us anyway...
I wan - A client of ours requested us t-to find a way to send a prerecorded message to somewhere not in this cluster. Q-quite an end away, actually, let me show you - "
I take out my PDA and tap my shortcut to the star chart, and mark New Dublin on it.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
"I don't know why they w-want to send something all the way there, b-but we don't get paid to ask questions, to be sure...
T-think that's something ye can help us with? D-doesn't have to be a fast delivery, as long as it gets there..."


(( side info for Tal - ye = plural, you = singular which is apparently still used that way in Irish English ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#89
Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:17 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm
"What is name? To dan-ger-ous crim-ee-nal?"
"Frank, duh"

"Frank duh, ugh, the Janitor! Folks say whenever he goes somewhere, that place's gonna get cleaned up real mighty of all who did bad by him."

"It's just an alias, anyway, not like he's goin' to be usin' his real name 'round here, n' they're always puffed up to just sound badass without bein' true. Probably ain't nearly as tough as people say! I'd like to see him talk shit in front of me, fight him in a proper fight! Just don't mention him to anyone, we've been huntin' this bastard for years, wouldn't want no one else stealin' our bounty now, would we?"
"Try to steer clear of the guy if you catch wind of him.
Typically carries a sword, so if you see a man by such a description, run.
He's extremely dangerous, and should only be approached by trained professionals.
Unfortunately for him, he'll be going up against the best.
No fancy sword tricks are going to save him this time around.

Now we'd best get going. The fewer people that know we're looking for him, the better.
Stay safe now, sir."

Walk away from the engineer, taking Gene along with me.
Head towards Merc Central, and talk to Terminator along the way.
"I certainly hope that guy doesn't try to play the hero.
Frank is not one to be underestimated. Heard he "cleaned up" a drinking establishment awhile back.
Won't be too much of a challenge for a group as skilled as ours, but should still be entertaining.
To be on the safe side though, keep an eye out for potential ambushes."


If we are attacked at any time,
get into cover and pull Gene with me.

"Stand down! We're mercenaries!
If you'll lower your weapons, we can work this out peacefully!
This doesn't have to turn ugly."

Wait ten seconds, and if we're still being fired upon, fire a total of three bursts from my assault rifle at whatever foes are present.
If there are two, or fewer enemies, double up on one of them. Again, a total of three bursts.


Once we're alone, whisper to Buck.
"Frank the Janitor? Really?
What if our little show back there earns him some extra attention?
Nevermind, let's just get ourselves some jobs.
If the whole Frank thing becomes an issue, we'll deal with it."
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#90
[IC]Frank[/IC]
Talvieno wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:20 pm
He notices when the receptionist glances over at one of the other staff members; the feathery fronds about its face undulate rhythmically for a moment. As Frank watches out of the corner of his eye, the plodus's fellow employee makes a discreet hand motion as if in response and heads through a door at the back of the room.
That...does not look good...

This all starts looking like a bad idea. After SCAMPS told them not to idle or walk around aimlessly, they had done exactly that. People on the streets had already given them a level of attention he wasn't really comfortable with. And in here?

It could have been coincidence, unlikely as it seemed right now.

Their communication could have been a result of Bob's little outburst there. Literal tank of a human, armed heavily and threatening the staff? Prime material for concern.
Concern they really couldn't afford. If they notified more aggressive elements of the station, they could be looking at the beginning of the end here.

A good idea might be to blow off the communication and get away. Honestly his first idea... Had a chance to go wrong though...they couldn't just go out, potentially stumbling into trouble resulting from their actions here. They also shouldn't appear any more aimless than on the street...and just leaving after inquiring about the business? With an obviously interested team member? That just screamed suspicious...

Another way might be to follow after the one who left the room. Find out where he goes, what he does and...perhaps...what he knows? It would be best if they could clear it out and get them to keep silent. Bloodless, preferably...and without a fight.
But they couldn't just pack together and follow him. Splitting up also sounded like a bad idea, as did going after him alone. Though alone might have the advantage to look less threatening when he tried to get the alien into a proper conversation.

Frank couldn't be sure if the others saw anything of it and he suppressed a growing frown. It would be better to have them think that everything was still fully in their hands. But with every second the alien would get away further...and with him the, albeit slim, chance to deal with this peacefully.

The janitor goes over to Caleb and throws an arm over his shoulder with a big, visible grin. However that might look from the outside...
Then lean in closely and whisper to him.

"They're communicating, I think this is turning bad. One left the room, I'm going after him."
Keeping an uneasy grimace from his face, he continues.
"Tell Bob and Saoirse to keep an eye out, I won't follow too far and try to keep this peaceful. I'll try to get back right away.
He then straightens up again, slapping Caleb's back with a, pretended to be mirthful, chuckle.
"Gonna hit the toilet. Be right back!
Look around, obviously spotting the door through which the alien staff left.
Leave the room through said door, ignore the remaining staff with a "Don't worry, I won't take long!" unless they get hostile.
If they grow notably hostile, stop approaching the door
-Try to calm them down with a:
-"Ok, ok! No need to get angry here! We're just here for a quick and harmless job, not trying to be trouble for anybody here, seriously!
Past the door:
If the alien is visible
-hurry after him
-"Please stop, hear me out! We're not here to harm anyone!
If he/she/it is not visible
-Lean against the door for a moment, whispering to yourself
-"This is going to get really ugly, I just know it!"
-Try to follow by taking the likeliest route


((Thinking up my own DOOM intensifies...))
Last edited by F4wk35 on Thu May 30, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron